Chapter Seventeen - The Bath

(A/N: Warning: slight gore.
My last apology, I swear, but you have to know that the reason I genuinely can't post, is that my mental state is not at its best right now, that's all, sorry.)

After finally finishing crossing the desert and arriving to Yarpline, the five crusaders took a short break for the rest of the night. Having only 2 rooms left for rental, (Y/N) was obligated to sleep with two of the boys. Even though she didn't really like it, the idea of Mr. Joestar and Jotaro's room being way bigger than Polnareff and Kakyoin's seemed to make her feel a little bit better. Right after the room distribution, the girl left for hers, followed by Jotaro, leaving his grandfather behind to check everyone in.

Trying not to make it so obvious, (Y/N) started walking faster as she saw the black haired boy behind her. She thought about getting into the room first and locking the door. The keys were at her, after all. However, there could be a small chance of Jotaro geting mad at her for not letting him inside the room, but she guessed that the worst he could do was to yell at her for that.

Already having the keys in her hand, the girl spotted their room's door. In a matter of seconds, she grabbed the doorknob and tried to shove the key into the lock. Too bad her hand was shaking and her heart was racing just like she had seen a ghost.

"Oi, (Y/N)!" she heard the familiar deep voice behind her, but didn't even dare look there.

Right after (Y/N) finally opened the door, she ran inside the room, but exactly when she wanted to close it and lock it, something stopped her. Slowly, with her hands still shaking on the doorknob, the girl glanced down, observing that Jotaro's foot was right between the door and its frame. With the same low and cautious pace, (Y/N) shifted her gaze from the boy's foot to his face. That was when the girl realized that she hadn't given him his cap back, even though he hadn't mentioned anything about it. The accessory was inside of her bag, after she couldn't find any other reason to wear it, as there was no sun outside anymore.

(Y/N) grinned dumbly seeing Jotaro's frowning expression. Maybe it was only his usual facial expression, but she couldn't quite differentiate the two. "Oh, hi, Jojo-I mean Jotaro! Didn't... See you there!" the girl said still not letting go of the doorknob she was tightly holding.

Jotaro raised one of his eyebrows. "I called your name a moment ago."

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part... With a small drop of sweat going down her face, (Y/N) decided that it was the time to play dumb. "So... What are you doing here?" She shouldn't have played that dumb, though.

"It's my room as well." her classmate continued to answer her questions with the same deep and calm tone.

Poor (Y/N's) eyes widened for a second, still trying to figure out how to get rid of Jotaro. "Well... I have to take a bath..."

"So?" the bulky guy asked sarcastically, shoving his hands inside the pockets of his uniform pants, resting them. "That's why the bathroom has a door."

The girl remained speechless. He couldn't be serious. Well, he was right, but the audacity of saying it just like that drove her mad to the bone. However, she kept an awkward smile on her face and let her roommate open the door, "hiding" behind it. (Y/N) watched him as he walked away from the doorway and sat down on the bed, putting his head in his arms. As Jotaro groaned, he ran his left hand through his hair, letting the right one rest on his knee. Just then, the girl observed the bags under his eyes, probably from the lack of sleep. She guessed he had his own deep thoughts about Holly's condition. He could've made those bags easily disappear with some good sleep, but that was not the actual problem, (Y/N) thought as she sighed.