Chapter Thirteen - The Car

The morning had come as the crusaders were almost reaching the border between India and Pakistan. During the night, Kakyoin had changed seats with Mr. Joestar, because the pink haired guy had gotten car ill. Of course, (Y/N) had been awake when it all happened and she felt bad for her friend's state, so she took care of Kakyoin as he was asleep, without being caught by anyone else. That was why, while all the others were up and talking about how they would miss India, she was quietly sleeping between Jotaro and his old man.

A red car was slowly driving in front of theirs. The dust getting inside through the window made (Y/N) sneeze, but without waking herself up.

"Quit clogging the road! Outta the way!" Polnareff exclaimed, annoyed by the slow driver. With no more patience, he stepped on the acceleration, being able to pass the red car, with some small rocks flying into it.

Everyone was holding onto something, so they wouldn't bump into eachother, while Jotaro was tightly holding (Y/N) with his muscular arm. As Polnareff slowed down, he let go of the girl, without letting his grandfather see the gesture.

Mr. Joestar looked behind the car, then to the others. "Oi, did you just fleng a bunch of rocks into that car? I'm wanted because of what happened in Varanasi and I want to cross the border in one piece!" The old man seemed very serious, being concerned about the time he had left to save his daughter.

Suddenly, Polnareff stepped on the brake, making (Y/N) wake up, by knocking her head on Kakyoin's seat, Jotaro not being fast enough to catch her. She groaned opening her eyes slightly and rubbing her head. ‘What kind of wake up call is this?‘ she asked herself, her forehead still hurting.

When he was asked about why he stopped the car so suddenly, Polnareff only had two words come out of his mouth. "No way..." he said looking ahead, his eyes widening.

After fully opening her eyes and regaining her vision, (Y/N) looked in the same direction the white haired guy was looking. Her eyes widened as well, but this time of pure joy, seeing Anne outside, hitchhiking. She looked at Jotaro, who was having his cap covering his eyes, annoyed of the situation they were in. "Yare yare daze..." he said frowning a little bit. All the others here shocked, their mouths falling.

Immediately after stopping the car, Anne noticed them, taking off her cap and letting her hair wave into the air. She smiled widely with her eyes closed and proud of herself for seeing Jotaro once again, and spoke with her usual high pitched voice. "Oi! If it happened to meet again, how about a ride!"

At first, (Y/N) was so happy to see the kid again, but after she started talking, everything changed. The female student was having the same face Jotaro was, trying to keep it neutral, so she wouldn't frown. That kid could talk so much and so loud about anything, especially herself, (Y/N's) ears felt like blood could burst out of them in any moment.

After a while, the car that had just been passed by Polnareff was behind them, seeming in a hurry. Opening his window, the French guy gestured with his hand that the car could pass them. After doing so, the red car once again started going as slow as a snail. Mr. Joestar supposed the driver was doing that as a revenge for the rocks that had hit his car earlier. None of them got the driver's face though, the windows of his car being covered in dust. All of sudden, he rolled down his window and gestured that the way was free to pass. Polnareff laughed, getting ready to pass, when a huge truck appears in front of them.

They were all too scared and shocked at the same time to even scream. Then, after Star Platinum was called out by Jotaro, the car flew into the air, ending back on the road, fortunately, no-one getting hurt. "The car! Where did that bastard go?" Mr. Joestar yelled.

(Y/N) was barely breathing at that point, though she was trying to calm herself down. Jotaro glanced at her with the corner of his eye, them spoke disappointedly. "He drove away." After a short pause, he continued. "What do you think? Is he an enemy Stand user or just another sick bastard?"