Chapter Eighteen - The Baby

"A baby?" Mr. Joestar was caught yelling outside the building the crusaders had slept in. He looked so shocked while talking to the owner of the plane they needed to cross the desert. "That is stopping you from giving me my plane?"

Right behind him, the two students, Jotaro and (Y/N) were waiting for the other two men to arrive outside. The girl was actually quite confused about the whole baby situation. Under any other circumstances, she would have asked Mr. Joestar to wait for the man to take care of the baby, but now there was no time for being nice. It was like something was holding her back from doing it. Something like the thought of Jotaro wanting to save his mother as fast as he could.

Unlike the old man, the plane's owner was calm, trying to explain Mr. Joestar that he would get a full refund as soon as possible. The only thing he didn't know was that the man didn't need money, he needed time. "There is no doctor around here to take care of its fever. We have no other choice but to take it to another place." he said, pointing with his finger at a lady dressed in black, holding a baby in a basket.

When she heard about the baby needing to be cured by someone, (Y/N) immediately opened her mouth to offer herself to help, but something pulled onto her bag roughly. She looked up in that direction, seeing Jotaro glaring at her with a slightly frowning face. She couldn't understand why he was staring at her that way, but she fell silent. However, the girl didn't hesitate to roll her eyes, while crossing her arms. ‘If this is because he cares about my stamina again...

While Mr. Joestar was trying to negotiate with the plane owner, the two boys missing appeared right next to the two students. "What's up? Some kind of argument?" Polnareff asked, waving at the two.

Jotaro immediately answered. "Yeah."

As (Y/N) switched her gaze, away from the baby, she noticed bags under Kakyoin's eyes, which was odd, because he hadn't had them the other day. She left Jotaro's side, making him let go of her bag and walked up to her friend. He was also staring at the baby, for some reason, but she snapped him out of his thoughts with a hand wave. "Are you alright, Noriaki?" (Y/N) asked worriedly. "You look tired, have you slept well last night?"

When he heard her soothing voice talking to him, Kakyoin genuinely smiled and put his hand the girl's head. "Don't worry about me, (Y/N), I just had a small nightmare!" he responded.

Gazing into his tired, gleaming eyes, the girl softly touched Kakyoin's cheek, brushing her finger across his dark circles, healing them. When the boy realized what she had been doing, he grabbed her hand, but didn't take it away from his face. As she took her hand back after a second, (Y/N) giggled and placed her finger in front of her lips. "Don't tell Jotaro about this..." she whispered with a cheeky smile on her face. However, she had got a point, that being Jotaro getting jealous for whatever reason again. Kakyoin chuckled, enjoying the way the girl was taking care of him. After the boy patted her one more time on the head, (Y/N) went back next to Jotaro, so she could hear better at what the old man was talking about.

"Thirty nine degrees, I see..." Mr. Joestar turned around to see where the girl was. He walked up to her. "Oi, (Y/N), I need you to heal this baby so we can leave this place faster." the old man whispered to her, loud enough for Jotaro to hear.

(Y/N) opened her mouth to say something, but the black haired boy cut her off again. "No."

"What?" both the girl and the old man asked rhetorically.

"No, we're taking that kid to the hospital, (Y/N) doesn't heal it." Jotaro repeated himself, also explaining his answer.

Without anyone expecting it, the girl right next to him spoke. "I didn't recall asking you to be my lawyer." she said calmly, arms crossed.