Chapter Eight - The Ship

The next morning, it was quiet on the two boats, after rowing all night long on the sea. While all the crew members seemed asleep, on the other lifeboat, only (Y/N) was, the others only keeping their eyes closed. Her head was lightly resting on Jotaro's thick arm, but it didn't really seem like it was bothering him. After all, she deserved a short nap after healing every single one of everyone's wounds.

That wasn't actually Jotaro's only reason. Another one was the fact that she was always trying to help him, no matter how he treated her. Of course he had also heard her shouting that she believed in him, the other day. That was the thing that helped him concentrate all of his power into his fingers, to use the Star Fingers and defeat the captain. Besides that, (Y/N) was also kind of cute when she was sleeping.

Only Mr. Joestar and the stowaway, Anne, how she introduced herself, were up. The old man offered her some water.

"You guys are really creeps, you know that?" she said quietly, grabbing the water can. Anne took a big sip of water, then, when she looked away to the sea, she spitted it all out.

"Oi, don't spit that! It's the only water we have!" Mr. Joestar yelled surprised as well.

(Y/N) woke up from the loud noise. She rubbed her eyes yawning and stretching her back. Jotaro huffed frowning. Damn it, old man! he thought, while the girl took her head off his arm.

"What's... What's going on?" she asked, but she only got to finish that sentence, because the little girl shouted.

"Guys, look!"

All the men opened their eyes and gasped when they saw a gigantic ship sailing behind them. It seemed weird that such a huge ship had responded to their ‘call‘, but it was what it was. At least they could get out of those small lifeboats.

While they were drifting away to the stairs, Mr. Joestar felt some concern in Jotaro's eyes. "Are you worried that there might be a Stand user on this boat as well?" he asked his grandson. (Y/N), still sleepy, looked up at Jotaro to see if it really was something wrong. When he moved his eyes meeting hers, she realized that she the was actually staring at him, so she rapidly turned around, hiding her head between her shoulder.

"Not quite..." the student finally answered, looking away from (Y/N), at the old man. "Strange they lowered the stairs, but there's not a single soul to be seen anywhere."

As the small boat touched the stairs, Polnareff jumped out of it first. "This ship came all this way to rescue us! Some sort of crew has to be there!" he yelled, clenching his fist. "However, I don't care if they're all Stand users, I'm getting on this damn boat."

On one hand, (Y/N) was staying so uncomfortable on the lifeboat, she couldn't feel her legs anymore, so she really needed to get on that ship. On the other hand, Jotaro's statement left her full of thoughts. In the end, they all agreed that it was better to get onboard.

When they had to go over the edge of the boat in order to cross to the stairs, (Y/N's) legs felt week. Somehow, she was too afraid that she would fall into the cold water to be able to cross. Being left the last one after Kakyoin, he turned around and stretched out his arm.

"Don't be afraid, (Y/N)!" the pink haired student encouraged her with his soft voice, smiling. "Take my hand and jump!"

The girl looked at him, holding her arm next to her chest. She slowly stretched her arm, taking his, then jumped closing her eyes tightly. Even though she couldn't actually see if she made it to the stairs, she felt safe. When (Y/N) opened her eyes, she realized that she was on the stairs, but the reason she felt safe was that Kakyoin was holding her into his arms.