Chapter Five - The Plane

Theoretically, the plan was simple: they had to take the plane and fly to Egypt. They couldn't make it there in one piece, so their first stop was in Singapore. Luckily, Mr. Joestar was paying all the plane tickets and the hotel rooms they had to use.

All of it was so sudden for (Y/N). First, discovering that a lot of people around her actually had had Stands as well, then going to fight some kind of vampire king in Egypt. She could've just stayed out of that mess, but she wanted to help. If you're asking ‘with what‘, the answer was quite simple: the girl was helping one of the most obscure and stubborn guys she had ever met, with his nearly dying mother.

‘Stupid!‘ she thought of herself, slapping her own face.

But, in that moment, Jotaro was the last thing she had to worry about. The most important one was the fact that (Y/N) had never fought using her Stand before. It was weird only to think about it.

However, the atmosphere inside the plane was silent. The girl was trying to sleep next to Kakyoin, who was keeping his eyes closed as well. Behind them, there were Avdol, who was staying alone, and Jotaro with his grandfather. When it had been her turn to choose a seat, she had taken the one next to the pink haired guy, because he seemed softer and quieter than any other person in the team.

Suddenly, everyone's silence was cut by a strange fly buzzing. Opening her eyes widely, (Y/N) was ready to attack, even though she didn't really know how. Kakyoin immediately noticed and stood up.

"A Stag Beetle!" Jotaro exclaimed widening his eyes as well.

It was impossible for a beetle to make it into the plane, so an enemy Stand user was surely watching them from afar. However, the plane was full of people, so they couldn't really tell who was the Stand master.

The insect was hiding in the shadow. (Y/N) and the others looked cautiously around the plane, the buzzing becoming more and more menacing. The girl narrowed her eyes trying to figure out from where the sound was coming from, but she stopped when she saw Kakyoin turning around and gasping.

"Jojo! It's right by your head!" the pink haired guy shouted.

Jotaro turned around, only to meet eyes with the beetle. (Y/N) took a step back, almost tripping over her seat. The boy kept calm, his muscles starting to clench. "I'll take care of this..." he said with a strong voice. Jotaro's Stand, Star Platinum, arose angrily from his body, looking with narrowed eyes at the flying insect. Before he tried to hit it, Avdol warned him.

"Be careful! I've been told about a Stand who likes to rip out the tongues of his victims."

(Y/N) gasped slightly, covering her mouth, after she heard the Egyptian man's words. Jotaro, on the other hand, only replied with a short hum, still staring at the beetle. One second later, Star's arm flew to the insect, hitting the air. Everyone looked at them terrifyingly surprised, when the Stag Beetle dodged Jotaro's hit. It looked like it was a Stand after all.

However, how could another Stand be faster than Star Platinum? The crusaders couldn't believe what they had just seen. Without a moment of hesitation, the enemy Stand got back in front of the black haired student, something like a long claw coming out of his mouth. It came out so fast, Jotaro only got to make his Stand close his mouth and cover his face with his hand. The disgusting claw-like thing went straight through Star's hand, into his mouth. Fortunately, he caught it with his teeth, not letting the insect rip out his tongue. Some blood bursted out of Jotaro's mouth and left hand.

(Y/N's) arms were trembling. She had never been so disgusted and frightened at the same time before. It was just like the other day, when Jotaro had been attacked by Kakyoin: she wished to help him, but she didn't know how. She was trying not to let her tears fall, while Avdol was explaining what Tower of Grey was.