Chapter Ten - The Way

The morning greeted Singapore with a clear, quite pink sky, letting the sun spread its light all over the country.

Getting through the red curtains covering the window, small pieces of sunlight laid on (Y/N's) face, while she was peacefully staying in bed. The sunshine didn't really bother her, especially when it made her feel warm. She wasn't sleeping, but the bed and blanket were too comfortable to get out of them.

However, the room was empty. It looked like Jotaro was nowhere to be seen, even though she had the vague idea he had been there that night. Maybe it had been just a dream, but seeing the boy laying on the bed right next to her, his huge chest slowly going up and down, while he was sleeping; it all just seemed so real.

(Y/N) sighed touching gently with her hand the place where Jotaro should've stayed.

'I could have sworn he was here...'

The sheets weren't wrinkled at all, so how could he have slept there? That was one of the questions bothering her. Another one was why she was caring so much about Jotaro sleeping with her or not. If he hadn't acted like the last jerk on the planet, she wouldn't have said what she had. And why did he care so much about the others hating him? He didn't seem bothered about that at school. Well, not in highschool.

The girl could never forget the Jotaro she had known in middle school. He had been the most careful and gentle guy she had ever seen. He had been like a brother to her. (Y/N) remembered the one time when she had been sick on her birthday and Jotaro had been the only one of her classmates to stop by and wish her a happy birthday.

She didn't even realize that her eyes were full of tears, until she heard a knock on the door. (Y/N) rapidly wiped the small salty water drops with the blanket, immediately getting up. She walked to the door, opening it, while rubbing her eyes. Outside was Mr. Joestar.

"Oi, (Y/N)!" he exclaimed smiling. It was a little too early for her to hear the old man's loud voice. "Soon we'll have to head to the train, so please be ready in ten minutes!"

The girl smiled and nodded, closing the door. She groaned. "Is it too late for me to ask for five more minutes?" she asked around, throwing herself on the bed. Just then she realized she hadn't changed from her uniform the night before. Well, at least she didn't have to worry about dressing up anymore. Even though her skirt got kind of wrinkled, it wasn't so noticeable.

Getting ready just in time, (Y/N) went downstairs to the reception desk, to meet with the other crusaders. She hoped she wouldn't have to look Jotaro in the eyes again, but she also knew that that wasn't possible.

Sitting on the armchairs placed around de hallway were Mr. Joestar, Kakyoin, Polnareff and Avdol, but no sign of Jotaro. (Y/N) approached the four men, waving her arm at them. "Good morning, guys..." she said fixing her bag on her shoulder. They all answered back with the same thing. The girl hesitated with her next question, but she managed to say it anyway. "W-where is Jotaro?" she stuttered.

The others looked at eachother then smirked slightly. "He's outside, smoking." Only when she heard about smoking, the girl's eyes widened as she started coughing roughly. The old man got up, putting his big hand on her back. "(Y/N)! Are you alright, dear?"

When she finally managed to stop coughing, (Y/N) looked ap at him smiling. She gave him a thumbs up, still breathing heavily. "Y-yeah, I just... Smoked a bit too much last night, heh..."

Just then Jotaro entered the hotel, while shoving the cigarette pack back into his pocket. He huffed when he saw (Y/N) coughing so hard, remembering all the smoked butts he had picked up from the hotel room floor. He walked up to the others and stopped behind the girl, letting his shadow cover her and the old man's hand.