Chapter Nine - The Room

Eventually, the five men and two girls were rescued from the sea and taken to Singapore, where they decided that they would spend the night at a hotel. While Polnareff was mocking a policeman who had thought his luggage was a piece of trash, the others realized that Anne hadn't left them yet.

"Oi, weren't you going to see your father?" Mr. Joestar asked as the kid sat down on the border, next to some bushes. She looked kind of annoyed.

"Yeah, stop hanging around and get going! Shoo!" Polnareff agreed.

When she heard how the French guy talked to the kid, (Y/N) pushed him aside and grabbed his black shirt. "Polnareff, you can't talk like that to her! She's still a kid, you know!" Turning her back and letting go of him, the student left the bulky white haired guy speechless. She sat down next to the little girl, her legs being covered by her middle length uniform skirt.

Anne looked away from her. "I'm meeting him in five days... And I'm going wherever the hell I want! I'm not taking orders from any of you, jerks!" she exclaimed.

They all knew it wasn't safe for her to stay with them, but she probably didn't have any money with her. In the end, they decided to get the kid a room as well. Eavesdropping, (Y/N) heard the others' discussion about that, so she got up. She looked at the seemingly sad girl, then smiled. She stretched out her arm and spoke as Anne lifted her head. "Come on!" The kid smiled and took her hand getting up.

When it came to checking in, everything seemed fine at first. After Mr. Joestar signed the paper for the rooms, he started making pairs. "Me and Avdol will share a room..." he started.

"I'll share a room with Jotaro, because we are students." Kakyoin continued. Jotaro nodded slightly, in agreement.

"(Y/N) with Anne..."

The kid's eyes widened. "What?! I can't share a room with her!" she exclaimed. (Y/N) was surprised, but she didn't really say anything.

"Why not?" Mr. Joestar asked, lifting up one eyebrow.

"I just... I can't!"

The old man sighed. "Well, there aren't enough rooms for each one of you to stay alone..." he said referring to Anne, (Y/N) and Polnareff. He thought for a second. "I'm sorry, (Y/N), but you'll have to stay with Polnareff tonight."

Even though the ideea of her and the French flirty guy in the same room at night wasn't pleasing, she couldn't comment Mr. Joestar's choice. After all, he was the one paying for everything. She only smiled awkwardly and bended in front of the old man as a sign of thanks. "There is no problem..."

"She'll stay with me."

Everyone turned their heads to see Jotaro holding his cap over his eyes. They were looking at the tall black haired boy confused, like wanting to make sure they had heard him right. (Y/N's) mouth fell open as Jotaro lifted up his cap, looking down at her. "You heard me." the student continued. "Kakyoin is gonna stay with Polnareff and I'm gonna stay with her." Jotaro pointed the girl with his thumb.

"I-I..." (Y/N) stuttered, not knowing what to say anymore. ‘What on earth is going on in this man's head?!‘ She wanted to say that she would have preferred to spend the night with Polnareff rather than Jotaro. However, she was to afraid of the bulky student to do that. The only thing she did was looking away and sighing. "Whatever..."

The others didn't comment anything else, they just watched Mr. Joestar pay for the rooms, that were on different floors.

When both Jotaro and (Y/N) got into their hotel room, the girl looked around. She hadn't slept on an actual bed, since she was traveling around the world with her father. That had happened so many years ago, and yet, she felt like it had happened yesterday. She sat down on the edge of the king sized bed, following Jotaro with her eyes. He was looking through the window, his hands still being in his pockets.