Chapter Fifteen - The Night

Before crossing the Arabian Sea at Karachi to get to the United Arab Emirates, the crusaders thought that it would be a good idea to stay over night at a hotel in Pakistan. Of course, Mr. Joestar decided that it would have been for the best to stay in one of the most expensive hotels in the country. He was paying, so no-one had anything to complain about it.

That night, the rooms were decided by the old man: Jotaro was sleeping with him, Polnareff with Kakyoin and (Y/N) on her own. After all that had happened to her that day, the girl knew that it was better to stay alone, even though she wished she could talk to someone.

(Y/N) was listening to the repeating clock ticking that was filling her dark hotel room. It was rather annoying, but she had nothing else to do as she couldn't close a single eye. The image of Steely Dan grabbing the back of her head and forcing her to kiss him was storming her mind. She wanted to stop thinking about it and go to sleep, but she couldn't.

The clock was showing two and a half in the morning and (Y/N) hadn't got any sleep since they all got into their rooms. Groaning out loud, knowing that no-one was going to hear her anyway, the girl got up from the bed and stretched her back, then her arms. I need a smoke... she thought as she grabbed her skirt from the floor, taking out the new cigarette pack she had just bought from a store around the hotel. (Y/N) decided to go on the balcony to have some fresh, cool air, so she could relax a bit. She had everything she needed for that, just like she had had at school, except for one thing: her music. The student had her earphones and recorder with her, but what was she supposed to do with them if the tape was no more?

(Y/N) sighed and, holding in her tears, she opened the new package and took out about two or three cigarettes. It was a long night to go. The girl opened the glass door that led to the balcony and slowly walked outside, feeling the cold floor tiles with her bare feet. The wind was blowing through her hair as she rested her arms on the railing and lit up a cigarette using Pure Silence's speed.

Her body was shaking, outside being colder than she had thought. Besides, all she was wearing were a (F/C) pair of shorts and a top with the same color, nothing more. Sighing once more, (Y/N) took a deep breath from her cigarette, trying to stop herself from trembling, then slowly let it out.

"Can't sleep?"

(Y/N) gasped, reflexively throwing away her just started cigarette, watching it fall from the tenth floor straight to the ground. She slowly turned her head to the right, seeing Jotaro on the balcony right next to hers. His expression seemed confused, having a lifted eyebrow, probably from what he had just witnessed.

"Not really, I keep thinking about... Stuff..." the girl smiled sadly. "What's your excuse?"

Jotaro grabbed the bridge of his nose, then pointed behind himself with his thumb. "The old man is snoring louder than a fucking plane!" he exclaimed. The boy made a short pause, while he analyzed the girl, who was about five metres away. When he observed in what (Y/N) was dressed on that windy weather, he glanced at himself; at least his pants were long.

Looking away from her classmate, (Y/N) took another one of the cigarettes she had in her hand and lit it up. Jotaro immediately noticed as her Stand moved around her. He searched inside his pocked to check if there were any cigs left inside. (Y/N) couldn't have more cigarettes than him, judging by the fact that she had finished most of them some days ago, in Singapore. "Did you buy a new one?" he asked with an emotionless face, referring to a new cigarette pack.

(Y/N) huffed. "Why? Do you wanna steal it again?" Suddenly, her whole body shook at once, causing her to drop her second cigarette as well. Watching it fall, her eyebrow twitched. "Oh, come on! I didn't even get to finish these two!" The girl rested her head on the railing, groaning. "Why can't this fucking day end already?" she asked herself, hoping that Jotaro hadn't heard it.