Chapter Twelve - The Food

The five crusaders, along with the girl who had tried to protect Hol Horse, were taking the bus to their next stop, Varanasi. They were the only ones inside the vehicle, so there was no need for them to worry about any other surprise attack from an enemy Stand user.

The Indian girl was staying in the back, having Polnareff in front of her. While Jotaro was staying next to Mr. Joestar, (Y/N) was having the seat next to Kakyoin. She was peacefully sleeping on the pink haired guy's arm, after healing his and Polnareff's wounds, while the Frenchman kept talking. When they finally got to Varanasi, finding a way to make the white haired guy stop talking, Kakyoin spoke quietly, but loud enough for Polnareff to hear him. "Hey, we're almost there!" He gently shook (Y/N's) shoulder, so she would wake up.

Slowly opening her eyes, the girl got off Kakyoin, stretching her back. She yawned. "Are we there yet?" She asked around sleepily.

"Almost." her seatmate answered.

"Why did you wake her up if we're almost there?" Jotaro's voice was heard loud and clear.

(Y/N) gasped slightly when she heard him. Why did he care about her being already up anyway? She turned her head to Kakyoin, who seemed quite shocked by Jotaro's reaction as well. "It's fine, I got enough sleep!" the girl said softly, placing her hand on his arm and smiling with her eyes closed. She could hear an angry sigh coming from the black haired student, but she didn't bother herself with it.

When they all got out of the bus, the students noticed a worried look on Mr. Joestar's face.

"What's wrong, old man? You don't look so good." Jotaro asked his grandfather with a low tone, while the bus was leaving the station.

(Y/N) took a look at Mr. Joestar who was holding his arm. The old man turned around to show it to them, saying that his bug bite got infected.

Kakyoin approved. "It's definitely swollen, I think you should see a doctor..."

Before anyone else could talk, (Y/N) got closer. "Mr. Joestar, why didn't you tell me about this? I could have healed it before it got infected! Now it's going to take more energy from me!"

When (Y/N) was ready to take out her Stand to help the old man, Jotaro grabbed her shoulder and shoved her aside. "And that's why you are not helping him now." he said angrily. "Jiji, you're going to see a doctor."

The girl looked at him confused. Was he doing all of that because Kakyoin had woken her up too soon? However, even though that would have been the reason, (Y/N) still couldn't understand why Jotaro cared so much about her. It was not like they were still as close as they were about ten years in the past. She had a lot of things to say to him in that moment, but she remained silent, frowning quietly.

"Oi, doesn't that thing sort of look like a person's face?" Polnareff suddenly asked, taking a closer look at the infected bug bite.

Mr. Joestar immediately took his arm away from the French guy. "Stop kidding around, Polnareff!" he exclaimed. The white haired guy apologized and asked him if he wanted the others to come with him at the hospital. "No! Stop treating me like a feeble old man, God damn it!" he lastly said, before walking away from the others.

After some time, the crusaders and Nena decided to go to a market nearby, while Mr. Joestar was at the clinic. Of course, Polnareff took the Indian girl with him, the three students remaining together.

They started walking through the crowded market, looking from time to time at the things the Indians were selling. (Y/N) felt slightly awkward, knowing that none of the boys was going to say anything.

Suddenly, (Y/N's) eyes fell on an Indian food stall. She hadn't eaten anything in the morning except for that cup of chai, so she felt really hungry. Stopping in the middle of the road, she left her classmate's side, leaving him and Kakyoin and getting a bit closer to the food stall. The girl knew she was being disrespectful to them, but she couldn't help but stare at the tasty chicken meals in front of her. She gasped when she felt someone staying behind her. Thinking that the person was probably a customer, without even looking at them, she stepped aside from the Indian food stall, apologizing.