Stains...

Narrator's POV

The following morning, Ciel woke up like he did every morning.

"Wake up, sleepy." Lizzy gently said, nudging him awake

The blunette pouted but obeyed, waking up and going to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After emerging from the bathroom dry and mostly dressed, Lizzy helped match his shirt buttons and straighten his tie and tie his shoelaces.

Now that they were both dressed in their school uniforms, the two teens —plus Ciel's favorite stuffie— went downstairs to the kitchen.

Rachel was waiting for them there with plates of food.

"Good morning." The woman greeted, pouring herself a mug of tea, "I made a full English."

"Thank you, Aunt Rachel." Lizzy thanked, beginning to eat

Ciel nodded, sipping at his glass of chocolate milk, being careful not to dribble any onto Bitter's velvety fur, "Dank you, muma."

Rachel smiled and gave them their lunch boxes —Lizzy's a plain pink bag that looked like a purse but was insulated on the inside and Ciel's also pink but Bitter Rabbits all over it.

***

After that, Rachel drove them to school on her way to work like she always did, dropping them off at Weston High School.

Ciel hummed as he held Lizzy's hand with his left hand and held Bitter Rabbit was the other.

Luckily, the two of them had every class together except one where Lizzy had fashion design and Ciel had normal art.

Ciel hated his art class so much, he had joined the class because he loved coloring but the teacher made him do boring things like draw fruit or flowers with stupid rules making the class boring.

What made the class worse was that Maurice Cole's assigned seat was right next to his and the teacher would not move him no matter how much he begged.

At least he had that class first so he could get it out of the way.

***

Ciel sighed as he watched Lizzy leave him in the art classroom to go to the fashion classroom down the hall.

Hugging Bitter, the blunette waited for class to start.

Slowly, the rest of the students began to trickle into the room and the teacher began today's lesson.

Today, they would be continuing their floral paintings so everyone got their paintings out and got paint.

Focusing on mixing the colors to make the shade of pink he wanted, Ciel left Bitter Rabbit on the table in front of him unattended.

He did not notice anything was wrong until he heard Maurice Cole sarcastically say, "Oops, sorry, Ciel."

The blunette looked up at the sound of his name and his eyes widened when he saw a big blob of orange paint on Bitter's white fur.

Tears sprung to his mismatched eyes, rushing to the sink to wash it off.

Most of the paint came off, but the bright orange had left a rather large stain on Bitter's head.

Ciel did his best to try not to cry, not wanting Maurice to enjoy his pain, but a few stubborn tears still escaped and ran down his cheeks.

He did not understand why everyone but especially Maurice were so mean to him, he had not done anything wrong.

***

When the bell rang to signal the end of first block, Lizzy entered the art room and found her cousin.

"What's wrong, Ciel?" The blonde asked, seeing him upset

The blunette said nothing snd showed her the large stain on his stuffie's fur.

Lizzy's green eyes widened, "What happened? Did you drop Bitter?"

"No, Maurice was a meanie and did it on purpose!" Ciel whimpered

"I see, follow me, Ms. Hopkins has some bleach pens in the fashion room. Let's go." Lizzy replied, leading him there

When they entered the room, Lizzy asked her teacher for permission to use the bleach pens.

"Why do you need them?" Ms. Hopkins asked

"Ciel's plushie got paint on it." Lizzy explained

"Maurice did it on purpose!" Ciel added, showing Bitter's stain

Nina Hopkins sighed, she had heard a lot about this Maurice Cole bullying the mentally ill and poor students; several of her coworkers had brought up his behavior to Principle Agares but he never did anything about it —and even let him off the hook if a teacher punished him— since it was rumored Maurice's father was paying him off.

"Of course you can, what is your next class I'll write you both a late pass." The fashion teacher replied

Within a few minutes, Bitter's pale fur was freed from the stain.

***

The following classes were rather boring, Maurice not making another appearance until their final class: culinary arts.

When class began, Mr. Bardroy told the class it was a leftover lab so they were free to make whatever they wanted with the leftovers in the fridge and pantry.

"What do you want to make, Ciel?" Lizzy asked

"I dunno." Ciel replied, walking to their assigned kitchen

Lizzy nodded, looking through the fridge and finding strawberries, picking the box up, "Hiw about we dip these in chocolate?"

"Yes!" Ciel smiled, jumping a bit in excitement

"Okay, can you begin to wash these while I go get the chocolate chips from the pantry?" Lizzy asked

The little nodded and took the box from her before setting Bitter on the counter so he could do as told.

Walking past Maurice's kitchen that he shared with his gang: Lawrence Bluewer, Edgar Redmond, Herman Greenhill and Gregory Violet— she opened the pantry and grabbed the bag of milk chocolate chips and a bottle of rainbow sprinkles.

She smiled as she heard those five bullies arguing over what to make, grabbing the toothpicks as she closed the pantry.

Returning to Ciel, they began to temper the chocolate while she had Ciel give each strawberry a toothpick.

***

Sebastian watched from his place on the counter, seeing Ciel make two strawberries duel each other with their toothpicks.

The mentally little boy was cute, he had unknowingly given the demon via the stuffed animal so much affection.

He was right, the feeling of being loved felt so good, almost addictive...