Nightmares Are Dreams Too...

Narrator's POV

Vincent was walking through the main hall of the villa and entered the library.

When he entered the room said toom began to turn to dust, leaving him in darkness.

Turning around to try and run away, he found that the way he had came had crumbled away as well.

He was stuck in a pitch black void that seemed to go on forever.

Suddenly, a figure appeared.

It was the stuffed bear he had burned earlier.

But unlike earlier, it now was covered in stitches and bleeding and dripping pus.

"Why did you kill me?" The teddy bear asked, "I did nothing wrong."

Four other stuffed animals —a duck, a cat, a unicorn and a frog— appeared, seemingly having grown out of the ground.

"Why did you kill Mister Bear?" The quartet of stuffed animals asked, slowly decomposing, leaking pus and blood

Vincent turned around and tried to run away, but behind him he saw his son.

"Why did you hurt my fwiend?" Ciel tearfully asked, "Mister Bear no bad. Papa is a murderer. Papa is a killer. Is Papa gonna kill me too?"

Ciel's turns suddenly went red as he began crying blood.

His bloody tears rolled off his face and dropped onto Bitter Rabbit in his arms, but no bloodstains appeared in the toy's white fur.

Ciel's body began to get bloodier and bloodier, covering itself with bandages.

Meanwhile, Bitter's glossy black eyes turned red and his sewn frown split open to reveal a mouth full of bloody fangs.

Before Vincent could do anything, the teddy bear behind him began to scream, "YOU KILLED ME! YOU KILLED ME! YOU MURDERED ME IN FRONT OF MY BEST FRIEND!"

The quartet of other plushies as well as Ciel echoed that, chanting, "MURDERER! MURDERER! MURDERER! MURDERER!"

Tar-like tendrils grabbed onto Vincent's limbs and neck, pulling him close to Ciel.

The man's eyes widened as he realized they were coming from the plush rabbit.

He was lifted into the air and was gradually lowered towards the toy's fang-filled mouth.

"Learn to play...nice." Bitter Rabbit threatened, eating him alive

***

Vincent gasped as he shot up in bed, panting heavily.

That was a horrible nightmare, so graphic —he really needed to stop watching horror movies.

"What's wrong, honey?" Rachel sleepily mumbled, turning to face him, "It's two AM."

Vincent calmed his breathing and wiped the sweat off of his face, "It is nothing, just had a bad dream."

"Okay, go bac' ta sleep." His wife yawned, doing what she just said

The blunette nodded, laying back down and trying to get some sleep.

***

Ciel hummed in his playroom, playing with his dollhouse.

Everything was okay here, his mummy/daddy was the bestest ever and gave him everything he needed to be a happy baby.

"Hi, Ciel!" A kind grandfatherly voice greeted from behind him

Turning around, Ciel saw his teddy bear walking towards him.

"Mister Bear!" The blunette exclaimed, tearing up with joy

Crawling towards the stuffie, Ciel picked him up and hugged him tightly.

"I missed you, Mister Bear." Ciel cried, "I swrry I no sabe you from meanie papa."

"It's okay, Ciel, I forgive you." Mister Bear replied, hugging back as well as he could with his plush limbs, "What that meanie did is not your fault at all."

"Pwease come back, I wuv you, you are my fwiend!" Ciel begged

Mister Bear nodded, "And I love you, but I can not come back, I am in Heaven now. But I will always be in your dreams and in your heart. I promise I will see you again."

"Pwomise?" Ciel tearfully asked

The teddy bear held up its plush arm, "I pinky promise."

Ciel smiled brightly, to him a pinky promise was equivalent to swearing upon one's life.

So he hugged Mister Bear close and began to sing the Disney song 'Once Upon a Dream'.

***

Lizzy's gentle voice broke through his consciousness, "Wake up, sleeping beauty."

Ciel sat up and rubbed his eyes, "Is it morning alweady?"

"It is, sweetheart, time to get ready for school." She confirmed

Obeying her, the blunette got out of bed and began his morning routine.

Once teeth were brushed and flossed, hair was brushed and he was dressed, he helped Lizzy make his bed —aka placing his stuffies back how he liked it before picking up Bitter Rabbit to take with him.

The pair then went downstairs to breakfast where Rachel was making a full English.

"Smells delicious." Lizzy politely said as the entered the kitchen

Rachel smiled, "Thank you, it's almost ready. I already packed both of your lunches, it's a mock charcuterie board."

"Cleaning out the fridge?" The blonde teen asked, knowing that meant assorted leftover deli meats and cheeses

The older blonde shrugged, "I need to make a grocery run."

Lizzy nodded and sat down at the table with Ciel.

As her aunt served her and her cousin breakfast, said woman added, "Oh, I nearly forgot, Vincent left you a tenner, said for you to buy Ciel a toy. It's so nice he is starting to accept Ciel's condition."

It suddenly dawned on Lizzy that her aunt did not know about the fate that had befallen Mister Bear.

Ciel seemed to realize this as well since his mismatched eyes welled up with tears and he sobbed out, "Papa killed Mister Bear, gib worst burnie hurties ever."

"What?" Rachel asked, confused as to what he meant

Lizzy clarified, "Uncle Vincent burned one of his toys in front of him."

Rachel gasped and clamped a hand over her mouth, Dr. Blanc had told the entire family that it was of the utmost importance to keep Ciel calm —if not happy— at all times to prevent further mental age regression.

And with Ciel estimated to mentally be around five years old, how far had that trauma pushed him down?

"Do you have a small box?" Lizzy asked, hugging Ciel, "We want to have a small funeral for Mister Bear before school."

Rachel walked over to the recycling bin and pulled out a cigarette box, "I will paint this like a casket for you, we can have a small funeral after school, okay?"

Ciel and Lizzy nodded, the latter still rocking the former while they hugged...