Sweet and Sour...

Trigger Warning: Body Shaming

Narrator's POV

For Ciel, life was a simple thing.

He was a baby after all, why would it not be?

To him, a normal day meant going to school and trying to avoid bullies, writing down what Lizzy said for homework, and then play!

Occasionally, that cycle was interrupted with visits to see Doctor Blanc.

The blunette did not like his head doctor, she was a meanie and judged him for being a baby.

She said he had Peter Pan synonym or something like that; Ciel did not know what that meant but he did know Peter Pan was cool since he never ever grew up either and he could fly!

It would be so fun to be one of Peter's lost boys and get to stay little forever without getting in trouble, he would wear a rabbit costume just like Nibs and look like Bitter Rabbit!

But the idea of that was also scary since he did not want to leave his only two friends in the whole world behind: Bitter and Lizzy.

Bitter would probably come with him to Neverland but Peter probably would not let Lizzy stay since she was a grown up unless she agreed to be the Lost Boys' mummy like Wendy was.

"Are you paying attention, Mr. Phantomhive?" Doctor Blanc asked, pulling Ciel from his thoughts

Ciel whimpered, "I sowwy. What did you say?"

"I asked how it was to move houses." The platinum blonde woman asked

The blunette nodded, "Like new housie, it big and I get share room with Lizzy."

The woman nodded and wrote something on her notepad, "I see. How is school?"

"Maurice is a meanie, he hurt Bitter!" Ciel recalled, pointing to where the stain had been on his stuffie's head

Bitter Rabbit was on his lap like always, Ciel never went anywhere without his best friend.

Angela Blanc softly sighed, her lavender eyes glancing at the liquor cabinet in the corner of the room and craving a drink, "You are aware Bitter Rabbit is an inanimate object, right?"

"What dat mean? Bitter is my bestest friend and Maurice was a meanie!" Ciel replied

The psychiatrist rubbed her palm against her forehead, "Inanimate means not alive. Bitter Rabbit is a toy, it does not think or feel. You have an unhealthy attachment with it, you turn to it instead of human companionship."

The mismatched eyed boy shook his head in disbelief, "Dat no true! Bitter is my bestest friend and he loves me and-"

"It can not do any of that. You have delusioned yourself into turning a toy into a friend because you are lonely. Make a friend that is a real person and not Elizabeth. Your dependence on her is not healthy either but first let's handle the one with your toy." Doctor Blanc interrupted

Ciel hid his face against the top of Bitter's head, crying softly, the tears soaking into the stuffie's velvety fur.

"What the Hell?!" The woman suddenly exclaimed, jumping out of her chair

The blunette looked up, trying to see what was wrong.

Angela was pointing at Bitter, "That thing has fangs and red eyes!"

Ciel looked at Bitter's face, seeing the same embroidered frown and glossy black eye, "Nuh-uh."

***

The next day at school, Ciel was painting in art.

He found the garden he was painting bland but at least it was not boring like fruit.

Not paying attention to anything besides what he was doing, he did not notice Maurice Cole reaching out to grab Bitter until the blond yelped out in pain.

"Holy shit!" Maurice shouted, grabbing his bleeding hand

All eyes turned towards them.

"What is going on?" The art teacher, Azzurro Vanel, asked

"That damn thing bit me!" Maurice proclaimed, pointing to the stuffed animal

Mr. Vanel rolled his eyes, "The plush toy bit you? Seriously, blondie? If you would have said Phantomhive bit you then I might take you seriously. Just go to the nurse."

Still in shock, the bully just left to go do just that.

Ciel just went back to painting, not seeing the tiny speck of blood right under Bitter's sewn frown.

***

That night, Ciel was sitting at the table eating dinner with his extended family.

The meal was nothing special, just some Chinese takeout.

Ciel picked at his orange chicken and white rice with his fork, not eating with chopsticks like the rest of his family since they were too hard to use.

"I swear that dish is all sugar, you should have gotten the Chinese chicken salad like I did." Frances criticized, "You are so fat already after all."

The blunette began to tear up but Lizzy came to the rescue, "Stop lying, mum. He is already underweight as it is, barely a hundred pounds. Stop projecting onto him."

"How dare you, young lady, go to your room now!" Frances gasped

Lizzy glared at her as she stood up with her takeout box.

"And throw your food in the rubbish in your way out, you have been quite a piggy recently as well." The blonde woman smugly punished

Lizzy slammed her half-full takeout box into the waste bin, going up the stairs.

"I think you have had enough, Ciel, throw your food out and go upstairs too." Vincent added

Ciel teared up and did as told, dropping his nearly full dinner box in the trash and going upstairs with Bitter.

When he arrived in his room, he rushed yo to his cousin and nuzzled into her embrace.

She let him cry against her chest, just making soothing noises and patting his head.

"Why papa and Aunt Frances being mean? We no be bad." Ciel asked

"Because they are jerks, sweetheart, but we won't have to deal with them for much longer." Lizzy soothed, resting her lips on his forehead but not quite kissing it, "Soon we will live by ourselves and I will never ever take away your toys or yell at you or make fun of you or let you go to bed hungry."

"Weally?" Ciel asked, amazed

The emerald eyed girls nodded, "Yup, I will have to work a lot at first but hopefully I find us a nice place to live and we can be happy away from all the meanies."

"But what about my mummy and/or daddy?" Ciel asked

"If we find them then we can go with them, but first we need to settle ourselves." She comforted, pulling something out of her hoodie's pocket

Ciel was shocked to see two fortune cookies.

"I snuck those in my pocket on the way out. You can have mine." The blonde smiled

The blunette nodded and ate both cookies, giving her the fortunes.

"'A lifetime of happiness lies ahead of you.'" Lizzy read aloud, telling him his first fortune

"What does the other say?" He asked as he muched on the cookie

She laughed and shook her head a bit, "'Fortune Not Found.'"

Ciel giggled at that, what a silly cookie...