Devotion...

Narrator's POV

Elizabeth Ethel Cordelia Midford was frustrated as she walked up to the room she shared with Ciel.

Her mother had just gotten done yelling at her for buying Ciel a snack.

Lizzy could not believe the woman's nerve, giving her an allowance and almost immediately asking for the money back because 'she had not done everything needed to deserve it' which the teen knew really meant "your father spent more than his monthly allowance at a bar again'.

Used to that, Lizzy had handed the money back over but Frances had gotten mad about the five pounds missing and began yelling at her when she had said she had spent that money buying Ciel some candy at the petrol station across from their school when they were waiting for Aunt Rachel to pick them up.

Entering her room and sitting on the bed, she screamed into her pillow.

She would be turning eighteen in a few months, right before graduation, and Lizzy knew she would not stay here.

The blonde knew her parents always favored her older brother, Edward, more: he never had to return his allowance and did not have a curfew and never did anything wrong even when he had been caught doing drugs with his friends.

Her parents paid for everything Edward did without question and she got yelled at for spending five pounds of her own meager allowance.

Lizzy knew she would probably be kicked out after graduation anyways, so she might as well get ready for it.

And she knew Uncle Vincent would kick Ciel out too no matter what Aunt Rachel said, he had always been so mean to the mentally ill boy.

Currently, Lizzy had a few ideas on how to survive without income.

The main one she was going for was get a sugar daddy to support her financially and work somewhere in the meantime.

Lizzy was aware of her looks —especially with all the catcalling she received from strangers and other students —and even a few muttering teachers— who always said they would 'tap that' if only she was not related to 'the dumb baby'— and if she could use her body to provide for herself and Ciel she would do what she must.

***

Ciel, innocently unaware of Lizzy's thoughts, crawled onto the girl's bed when he heard her muffled scream.

"Are you okay, Lizzy?" The blunette asked, concerned for his cousin

Lizzy turned over and faced him, hugging the smaller boy against her, "I am fine, sweetheart. Did you eat your candy?"

"Yup, it was super yummy!" Ciel exclaimed, cuddling her

The green eyed girl smiled, lately Ciel was the only thing that brought her joy, "Good. Hopefully in culinary tomorrow we can make something sweet again."

"Yeah!" The little agreed, "Can I have a bedtime story?"

"Of course, go change into your pajamas and pick a story from your books." Lizzy yawned, sitting up

Ciel hopped off her bed and rushed towards his wardrobe and pulled out his faded Disney Princesses nightgown and walked to the small pile of fairy tale books on his bedside table and picked up the one titled "Rapunzel".

Knowing this was Ciel's favorite story, Lizzy got her voice ready for the various characters she would read for as she sat on his bed.

Ciel cuddled up beside her as she was given the book, opening it to the first page.

The beginning of the story was the same as book originally said, but once the prince arrived the printed words were crossed out and edited to better fit Ciel's version.

First change was the prince's arrival, originally it read, "When the witch went away, the prince climbed up the tower. Rapunzel and the prince met and fell in love with each other."

But now it read, "When the witch went away, the prince climbed up the tower. Rapunzel was scared and hit him with the biggest book she had to knock him out. When her mummy came home, Rapunzel was a good girl and told mummy about the stranger."

The story continued with the witch blinding the prince and sending him away to die away from her baby princess.

No matter what fairy tale it was, princes were always vilified and the villains always became the heroes —with the exception being 'Beauty and the Beast' where the Beast is monstrous enough to make the cut of being allowed to stay.

It had been concerning a first but Lizzy was used to it by now, Ciel was enamored with the idea of being a willing captive hoarded away from the world that had always been so cruel.

If Ciel found a mommy and/or daddy that could give him that, Lizzy would happily go along with it —provided the person was not crazy nor abusive and allowed her to remain Ciel's primary caretaker.

As the story ended, Lizzy noticed Ciel had fallen asleep, his head resting on her lap.

Smiling, she pressed a kiss to his forehead whilst stroking his navy locks with her pastel pink polished fingers.

"Oh, Ciel, what are we going to do?" She whispered, her mind wandering back to the ominous future looming ahead

After awhile, Lizzy noticed the time and carefully got his head off of her, gently moving it to his pillow.

She then pulled his blanket up to his shoulders and placed Bitter Rabbit in his arms before she went back to her own bed.

Turning off the light, she soon fell asleep as well.

***

Once both of the humans were asleep, the demon possessing Bitter Rabbit stared at the one holding it.

Ciel was so sweet and loving towards his toys, especially the stuffed rabbit he was inhabiting.

That love felt so good, Sebastian did not know how he had gone so long without it before.

Either way, now that he knew the feeling of being loved he never wanted it to go away.

Whether that meant staying in the plushie forever or kidnapping the boy would have to be something thought about and decided upon later...