Family...

Narrator's POV

Lizzy just blinked as she was told the truth of what Sebastian had done.

She looked down to the two stuffed animals Ciel held in addition to Bitter Rabbit who she now knew had people in them.

Her pale face flushed red as she realized her mother and uncle had watched her breastfeed Ciel.

She hurried to rebutton her nightgown, no longer feeling comfortable.

Having Sebastian watch her nurse Ciel was one thing, but having others see was another.

With Sebastian, it felt normal since they were coparenting the blunette; but with others it felt like they were intruding on their little mismashed family.

"So they are watching us?" Lizzy asked, her fingers running through Ciel's navy blue hair

Sebastian nodded, "Yes. But that is all they can do, they will not be able to hurt Ciel physically or verbally ever again."

Lizzy sighed softly, she could live with that.

***

A few hours later, Elizabeth was sitting on the rocking chair in Ciel's nursery, watching him play with his stuffed animals.

Like always, Bitter Rabbit was center-stage on Ciel's lap.

After awhile, Ciel got up —still holding his favorite toy— and sat on her lap.

Knowing what he wanted, Lizzy freed a breast and let him latch on.

The blunette suckled happily, taking his fill of her milk.

When he finished, she fixed her shirt so she was not revealed and rocked Ciel.

"You have lots of friends, Ciel, why is Bitter your best friend?" Lizzy asked

Ciel smiled and hugged said stuffie tighter, "Cuz meet at goo' memory! I hurted my leggie and everyone wuv and take care of me! Papa gib me!"

Lizzy was reminded of an event nearly a decade ago that she had long forgotten.

It had been Edward's thirteenth birthday and he was teaching the then eight year old Ciel how to play cricket.

The younger boy had not really understood the game, just wanting to play with his cousin.

Ciel had fallen over a tree root while running and broken his leg and had been taken to the hospital.

Because the blunette was naturally sickly, the doctor had wanted to keep Ciel for observation for a few days.

During those few days the doctors and nurses noticed Ciel's very childish behavior —even for eight year old standards— and had him talk with the hospital psychologist.

Somewhere in those few days but before the psychologist came back with the Peter Pan Syndrome diagnosis, Vincent had given Ciel a get well soon gift...Bitter Rabbit.

Lizzy put her palm to her mouth as a realization arrived, Ciel was so attached to Bitter because it was the only evidence he had that his father ever loved him.

For the little, that stuffed animal was a symbol of paternal love.

Vincent had gifted it to him in an act of love —probably the last act of love Ciel ever got from him— and Sebastian had taken occasional occupancy within the toy —making him associate Bitter with a father's love even more.

No wonder Ciel had fallen apart when he thought his father had destroyed Bitter, the only thing that proved he had ever been loved had been burned and he had wanted to die than know he was unloved.

Ciel did not notice her depressing thoughts, having slipped on her lap to go back to his play, babbling happily as he made Bitter Rabbit dance with Mister Bear.

***

Lizzy was not the only one who came to that realization, all of the six humans trapped in Ciel's toys did so as well.

Vincent still did not understand why Ciel liked Bitter Rabbit so much.

He had found the toy in the discount bin of the hospital gift shop.

Ciel had broken his leg a week or so after Halloween so the hospital was trying to get rid of all the costumed or fall themed toys like Bitter Rabbit.

At the time, he had gotten the cheap toy under the assumption his son would enjoy the toy while at the hospital and get rid of it when he got home.

Rachel had been so angry with him for getting Ciel a cheap stuffed animal after Frances and her family had brought Ciel a tasteful and expensive flower arrangement and Ann had brought a box of expensive gourmet chocolates.

If he had known the damn toy was more trouble than it was worth, he would have never gotten it.

He knew he should have gotten Ciel some get well soon balloon.

***

When Ciel got bored playing in his nursery, he went to the living room to watch television.

Lizzy got the remote and turned it on, turning the child lock on so Ciel did not see anything that might frighten him.

With that, she gave Ciel the remote so he could choose what he wanted to watch.

Ciel arranged his six stuffies on the floor in front of the television before sitting beside them with Bitter on his lap, saying he was going to the movies with his friends.

Selecting 'Cinderella III: a Twist in Time', his mismatched eyes fixated on the screen.

He was so happy with his better family...