A Lunch to Remember...

Narrator's POV

Ciel hated school, the teachers were all boring and so were the classes and all of his classmates —except Lizzy— were meanies.

He had begged Muma and Papa to let him be homeschooled, but Papa always said he needed human interaction so he had to go to real school.

Which was very unfortunate for Ciel since Peter Pan Syndrome was not a recognized illness and thus he was never allowed in the special education program where he could learn at his own pace.

If he did not have Lizzy, he had a snowflake's chance surviving in an oven of passing any class besides art and culinary.

But because he had her —to cheat off of, copy or actually learn from—, he at least passed everything.

Humming a bit as he colored in art, he was happy to have a substitute teacher today.

The teacher had left adult coloring book print-outs for them to color today.

Ciel thought the 'mandala' he had to color in was stupid, much preferring the Disney coloring books he had at home, but at least this was fun compared to the normal class work.

Finishing the coloring page, he put it to the side and began the next one.

Much to his surprise, the coloring page had gone from another mandala to Peter Pan and Wendy Darling flying past Big Ben.

Smiling happily, he began to color in the familiar Disney scene.

Except, much like he altered the book of fairy tales, he used a pen to alter the picture.

He made Wendy Darling look more like Lizzy and Peter Pan look more like himself.

Once he was satisfied, he colored in Ciel Pan and Lizzy Darling in.

Ciel was so focused on his coloring, he did not even notice Bitter Rabbit's black eyes flash red and then magenta before going back to black.

***

A few classes later, the lunch bell rang and Ciel followed Lizzy.

Because Ciel always felt overwhelmed while eating in the cafeteria because all of his bullies could be found there, they often ate in the library.

Getting set up in their usual corner, Lizzy opened their lunch kits and saw what Aunt Rachel had packed them.

Lizzy had a peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich while Ciel had a Nutella and strawberry jam sandwich; they each had a bag of crisps and a fruit snack.

Like always, the blonde got everything out for Ciel and even gave him her fruit snack.

It took only ten minutes out of their thirty minute lunch break for Lizzy to eat, so she pulled out her sketchbook and asked Ciel what he wanted her to draw today.

Usually he asked for a Disney character of some sort, so she prepared for it.

"Mister Bear." Ciel requested, surprising her

But not commenting on it, she did as asked, beginning to sketch the late teddy bear.

As she drew, Ciel rested his head on her chest, "Lizzy, do you dink I will ever find my real mummy and/or daddy one day?"

Lizzy bit her plump lips, not sure whether to give him the truth or a comforting lie.

She decided to do both, "I do not know, sweetheart, I hope so. I want you to have the perfect, happy life you deserve."

"Oh." Ciel sadly mumbled, sensing her hidden meaning

The blonde kissed his forehead to comfort him.

"Den...can you be my mummy?" Ciel softly asked

"What?" Lizzy asked, not sure what she had just heard was true

"I wan you to be my mummy, Lizzy." Ciel requested

Lizzy blinked a bit, tears welling up in her emerald eyes, "You want me to be your mummy?"

Ciel nodded his head, "You am da nicest and bestest person I know, you best option for mummy."

"I am so honored, honey, of course I will be your mummy." Lizzy smiled, "But promise me that you will let someone else be your mummy and/or daddy if you find someone you like better, okay? I do not want you to feel like you are stuck with me."

"I pwomise, mummy." Ciel smiled, hugging her close

Lizzy smiled and ran her fingers through his navy blue hair, "Also, baby boy, you cannot call me 'mummy' when other people might hear it; I do not want your papa or my mum to get mad at you and I do not want anyone here to bully you even more."

"Okay, mummy." Ciel pouted, staying close to her

The green eyed girl pressed a kiss to his forehead and continued her drawing of Mister Bear, unaware that they were being watched by two people...