4: Meeting You Was Chance, This Time It's A Choice

The following day, Artemis didn't have much royal duties to tend to, so he was able to focus on his experiments. He decided his lab needed to be expanded, so he ordered for one of the multiple guest rooms they had to be cleared out.

Artemis moved his furniture and instruments to his new lab and arranged everything. He became entertained with choosing how to place his flasks and his books.

When he was done organizing, he looked proudly upon his lab and started to work. As he worked, he scribbled notes onto his parchment paper, and took a few breaks in between to eat and rest his vision. If something came up that needed his attention, he would gladly help.

When the sun finished its rotation, the moon slowly crept in her place. Artemis had been researching for so long that his mind started drifting into other things and his body losing composure. Artemis felt a certain tightening in his pants and he clicked his tongue as he cursed.

"Why now?!" Artemis groaned in his head.

He decided to wait it out, hopefully it would calm down on its own. Unfortunately, no matter how much he actively tried to distract himself it only seemed to get worse. He was so painfully hard that even the slightest friction was amplified by ten.

"Dammit!" Artemis exclaimed and decided it was no use. He had to get rid of it himself.

He wrapped up his experiment for today and sprinted to his bed chamber so no one would catch him in such an unfortunate state. Artemis closed the door of his bed chamber and exhaled.

He didn't even walk to his bed, he simply pressed his back against the door and lowered his pants. Artemis exhaled as he shut his eyes tightly.

He tried willing it away, but his heart beat out of its ribcage when he heard tapping on the window doors of his balcony. Artemis looked at the doors in panic as he hurriedly pulled up his pants. Luckily for him, the curtains were drawn. He heard the tapping again and this time it sounded more like knocking.

Confused, Artemis went to the doors and opened one of them. He felt a cool breeze enter his room and then he found a pair of red eyes staring at him from a corner of his room. The shadow morphed into a man and Hades stepped out from the shadows, dressed in his dark clothes.

"Evening your highness." Hades greeted, his smug smile as evident as ever.

"Hades what are you doing here?!" Artemis whispered angrily. "Get out! I'm busy!"

"At this hour? What could you possibly be busy with?"

Hades floated around and let his eyes roam the room. They then landed on Artemis and he studied him up and down. Artemis instinctively moved his hands to cover his crotch and Hades tilted his head almost bird like.

"Oh . . . I see now." Hades raised his head and his red eyes shimmered.

"Hades I swear, if you don't get out--"

"Don't worry your pretty head Prince Artemis. I'll leave, but just for the record, I doubt you'll be able to get rid of that."

"What is that supposed to mean?!" Artemis shouted and realized as he clasped his hands to his mouth.

With that action, he left his crotch visible and Hades looked quickly at it then back to Artemis's red face.

"Yeah you're definitely not getting rid of that." Hades chuckled, suppressing a grin.

"Just leave me alone and I'll deal with it! I'll sleep it off!" Artemis exclaimed.

A thought crossed Hades' mind, but it seemed too out there. He decided it was worth a shot to ask. If it worked then his boredom would be gone for tonight, and if it didn't, no harm no foul.