11: Affection Born In The Night

The next morning, Artemis's day started with Hades attempting to hump him in his sleep. Needless to say, a session to satisfy Hades was set in motion. Hades was building up to his climax as Artemis rolled his eyes back, unable to handle the sensations.

"Your highness, have you awakened yet?" Dia's voice startled Artemis, but Hades was too far gone.

"H-Hades, wait. I--Hnn!" Artemis whispered forcefully to the royal vampire on top of him.

"Your highness?"

Artemis tried steadying his voice as much as he could while having a horny vampire fucking him. He cleared his throat and croaked:

"Y-Yes I'm up! I-I'll be down in a mwah--minute!"

"Okay. Would you like me to assist you in changing or preparing your bath, Prince Artemis?" Dia offered.

"NO!" Artemis shouted and tried remaining calm. "I-I mean no! It's not necessary D-Dia! Go on ahead to the throne room! I-I'll--catch up!"

"Your highness you sound like you're losing your voice. Are you becoming sick??"

"No Dia! P-Please don't worry!"

"Alright, your highness. I will see you downstairs. Excuse me."

Artemis heard the receding footsteps of his handmaid and arched his back when he finally released. Hades collapsed on top of Artemis and breathed hard. He wrapped his arms around Hades' back as he felt him stir and peck his cheek.

"Heh, you liked the fear of getting caught, you naughty elf." Hades chuckled.

"I did not. How dare you assume that?" Artemis retorted.

"You tightened around me more while you were trying to talk normally to your maid."

Artemis didn't reply and simply kissed Hades on the lips. He embraced him a few minutes longer before getting up.

Against his own will, Artemis had to start getting ready for his day. He filled up a glass of the suppressing potion and Hades downed it in one gulp. Artemis was about to bathe when Hades stopped him.

"Artemis, I know this is may be a lot to ask, but would you mind feeding me?" Hades pouted awkwardly.

"Feed you??" Artemis frowned in confusion.

"I don't usually feed, but today I need to. I can only have elf's blood to cure my hunger. It's okay if you say no, but I'll just have to go hunt then."

"As in hunt on one of my subjects?! Hell no. Fine, I'll feed you. Geez, you vampires are so high maintenance."

Artemis turned to see Hades' face light up like a hungry child seeing candy. He made him sit on his lap and brushed his white hair to the side to expose his neck. Hades licked up an area and Artemis could feel him drooling.

"How nasty." Artemis grumbled.

"Sorry, it's gonna hurt." Hades whispered as his eyes picked up the shade of the blood running under Artemis's fair skin.

He bit down fast on his carotid artery and Artemis flinched in pain. It did hurt way worse than any other time before. Small tears formed on his eyes and he tried riding out the pain, but it only increased when Hades started sucking and drinking his blood. He could even hear Hades slurping up the red liquid and exhaling in satisfaction, much like one does after drinking cool water on a hot day.

Hades finally got his fill and pulled away from his neck. He licked up the wound to help it heal faster, and returned some of Artemis's life force through a kiss.

"Ew, I tasted my own blood. It's all irony, blech." Artemis grimaced as he smacked his tongue in his mouth.

"Irony? It is not irony at all. Your taste is delicious." Hades nuzzled his neck.

"Sure. What do I taste like Hades?" Artemis rolled his eyes in amusement as he got up to go shower.

"Much like blue berry pie." Hades swished the remains of his blood in his saliva.

"I wasn't expecting an answer at all, the fuck."

"You people have no taste in blood, that's why it all tastes like iron to you."

"Because it's not part of our diet!"

Artemis bathed quickly and dressed in his midnight purple tunic with a high neck and exposed shoulders. He tied his hair back and put his slippers on before leaving. He let Hades shower too and reminded him to stay out of sight. So, Artemis descended his tower in record time and put his crown on.

The routine started like normal, he ate breakfast, sent a messenger to the Schild clan, read over a few petitions, checked in with the elder alchemists, and was lectured.

Today, he was busier than in previous days because he had pushed most of his work back for Hades. He renewed alliances, validated new magical advancements, and studied for his potion making lessons. Normally, this amount of work was fine, but today it felt all too taxing. He felt he couldn't catch a break and was being bombarded with new things to do, one after another.

Artemis was currently practicing archery with his mentor. He was a natural for it, but he still needed quite some practice.

"Raise your elbow more highness, and don't forget to inhale deeply and release the arrow as you exhale." the mentor directed.

Artemis took a big inhale and released the arrow along with his breath. The arrow spiraled in its perfectly straight trajectory, and hit the target dead in the center.

"Very nicely done, your majesty. You are a truly gifted sovereign of this land." the mentor complimented. "I believe that is all for today, thank you for your cooperation."

"Thank you for your time." Artemis bowed his head respectfully.

The mentor took his quiver and bow with him and Artemis headed back inside the palace from the royal gardens. It was close to the beginning of sunset, finally.

Artemis sighed in relief when he reached the royal library and shut the door. He finally allowed himself to relax and leaned against the surface.

"Some tough day for you, Arty." Hades' voice said as he materialized from the darkness behind him to hug him.

"It's just been long but I'm finally done." Artemis relaxed into Hades' arms and inhaled deeply.

"Wanna call it a day and go to bed?"

"You want to go at it again, don't you?"

"Yes, but I only plan on doing so as I please you."

Artemis and Hades headed from the library to the bedroom. Once inside, Hades locked the door and kneeled in front of Artemis.

"What are you doing Hades?" Artemis asked.

"Tonight, Artemis Lyra. " Hades mumbled against Artemis's skin as he lifted and removed his shirt. "I want to worship you."

"Why are you saying such weird things, you idiot."

"I've learned all of your sensitive spots, darling. I can please you to your heart's content. I'm not just satisfying my heat tonight Artemis, I want you to desire me. Because, as I have learned, there is a very fine line between desire and falling in love."

Hades had fully stripped Artemis and he lightly nipped at the hollows of his hips. The night progressing in passion and satisfying each other's desires.

While neither admitted to it, this wasn't just sex for the heck of it anymore, it had transformed into silent, lust-masked pleas of closeness. What their words couldn't express they were compensating for in passionate love making. The two divergent species pleasured each other in the dark, hoping, from the bottom of their hearts, that dawn would never arrive.