24: This Coffin Sucks, I Miss My Bed

The transition from an elf to a vampire was dull to say the least. Artemis didn't know what to expect from the transition period, but he was at least hoping it would be interesting.

His body had physically finished changing his appearance but his internal biology was still not done.

So far, what Artemis struggled with the most was settling into his new sleeping pattern and hunger. Being a daytime creature for all eighteen years of his life, his mind was awake at seven in the morning sharp. However, his new body was exhausted at that time. It was a struggle because he couldn't move much from tiredness, but he needed to do something to keep his mind busy.

Most days, Hades was still soundly asleep and he would mumble his complaints to Artemis waking up so early. You would think Artemis would somehow manage to leave their bed chamber despite the lack of energy, but Hades had been serious about not allowing Artemis to be out of his sight and reach.

Artemis found it annoying that Hades was placing rules against him, but Hades explained that it is still unknown whether he gained immortality or not. Hades had said:

"There's only one way to know for sure, but I'd rather live with the question than carelessly put you at risk and find out you're not immortal."

Artemis thus respected the rule for his safety and his husband's concern, so at the moment, he was nicely cuddled up to Hades who was sleeping.

The half-blood twirled his thumbs as he was bored on the mattress. He had been awake for hours but there were still many more left before the day would end. He sighed deeply and Hades rubbed his nose against his jaw.

"Go back to sleep will you? You're not supposed to be up yet." Hades grunted.

"I had a sleep schedule for eighteen years Hades. It's hard to adapt just like that." Artemis replied.

"You haven't slept at least a full eight hours in days though. You need to sleep."

"I can't. I'm mentally exhausted at night but I have to be awake, but I'm mentally awake in the day when I need to sleep."

"Just try your best. You're never gonna get used to it if you keep waking up at this time." Hades said in his deep sleepy voice.

Artemis pouted and wrapped his arms around Hades' waist. He tried closing his eyes in hopes that he would drift into sleep. However, he clearly heard the ticking of the clock against the wall, the wind hitting the balcony doors, and his mind screaming for him to get up and do something.

"Hades." Artemis called.

"Alright fine, I'm up." Hades exhaled and stretched as he yawned. "But tonight you'll stay awake, I won't let you nap. Maybe that way you'll gain enough sleepiness to use in the day."

They got up from their bed and picked up clothes before heading to the restroom.

The place was definitely worthy of a king. There was a marble sink being held up by a long stand made of dark oak wood with cabinets on the sides and shelves in the middle. The walls were a light grey and they had racks for many towels. There were two kinds of baths, one large jacuzzi tub in the right and a double shower in the left.

Hades yawned again and turned on the shower so that warm water sprayed from the two opposite facing shower heads. He pulled down his pants and underwear while Artemis was removing his night gown.

"You used to sleep naked with me at your castle. Whatever happened to that glorious habit of yours?" Hades commented.

"Your castle is a lot colder than mine cause it's in a mountain. Mine was on ground level, I get cold." Artemis shivered slightly and rubbed his arms.