23: Counting Stars At Dawn

Indeed, the two mates had a quick session of pleasure in which Hades might have gone a bit overboard, enough that Artemis was now struggling to hold his weight up with jelly-like legs. But he didn't regret one second of it.

Hades put his soldier green shirt on, leather jacket, and dark navy blue jeans. He slid his feet into black combat boots and tried untangling his hair as much as possible. Meanwhile, Artemis only needed to change into his white tunic and white flats.

"Ready?" Hades asked when he finished dressing himself.

"It's a little odd we're getting married when neither of us proposed." Artemis looked to the side with a slight blush as he rubbed his left arm.

"I can fix that."

Artemis perked up as Hades walked to his side of the bed and reached inside one of the drawers in the nightstand. He pulled out a a small black box and Artemis looked excitedly between the box and Hades.

Hades knelt down on one knee and showed Artemis the inside of the box. Artemis gasped in surprise at the shiny, thin golden ring with a fiery ruby as the diamond in the center.

"Artemis Lyra," Hades spoke, looking up at his mate, and holding his left hand. "Will you do me the honor of becoming my loving husband and king consort of Lamia?"

Artemis smiled wide and his eyes were prickled with tears.

"Yes Hades! Yes!" He replied and Hades smiled as he slid the ring on his finger and kissed his hand.

They embraced tightly before finally leaving the comfort of the lakehouse.

It was probably midnight when Hades and Artemis arrived to Lamia and the palace. As soon as they entered, they were met by Hades' brothers who roughly tackled him to the ground.

"YOU GOT OWNED! YOU GOT TAMED!" They mocked as they playfully wrestled each other.

The three Crows laughed hysterically and Artemis awkwardly stood looking at the scene.

"Artemis!" He heard the queen call his name and he turned to her.

"Queen Crow, sorry for the intrusion. Should I be worried about this?" Artemis greeted and pointed at Hades and his brothers on the ground.

"Oh no don't fret, sweetheart, and no need to apologize. This is your home after all now. Tonight you will became part of our royal family. Let's dispose of the formalities please, just call me Astrid."

"Oh, thank you for welcoming me, Astrid. How did you know I'm becoming part of your royal family?"

"Honey, I can smell Hades on you. Not to mention the bite mark and your new appearance are clear signs." Astrid laughed.

"Right yes!" Artemis scratched the back of his head. "I'm still trying to wrap my head around vampire things."

"Don't you worry Artemis, you will get used to it in due time. If you have any questions just ask Hades or me, we know all about our species."

Hades was finally allowed to get up and Erebus punched his arm one last time.

"Mother." Hades greeted smiling.

"Oh, my son." She exclaimed tearfully and hugged him. "I am so proud of you Hades. You've come a long way and chosen a worthy mate. I wish you two the best of blessings on your marriage and life."

"Thank you mom."

Erebus and Ares approached Artemis who impulsively took a step back.

"Why'd you do that for?" Ares questioned Artemis.