28: The Journey To Ezamore

Much to Hades' dismay, Artemis's visit to Ezamore came way sooner than anticipated.

Artemis thought he would only plan for the trip the next night when he went to Sapphire, but right before he was about to leave with Hades to Lamia, his guards notified him that a carriage with destination to Ezamore was waiting for him outside.

"You didn't tell me you were going at all! You have to tell me about these sorts of things right away!" Hades yelled as he packed his clothes in a suitcase.

"I didn't tell you yet because I didn't know I'd have a carriage sent this soon! I was going to plan my own tranport today!" Artemis shoved clothes in his own suitcase. "Also, the hell are you yelling at me for?! I don't have to tell you everything the second I know it!"

"Yes you do Artemis! I have to know where you are and who with at all times! It is my job to protect you specially since we don't know if you're immortal or not!"

"Excuse me?! You don't control my life idiot! I get that you worry but you're just acting like a possessive prick now! If I don't want you to know something you can't force it out of me!"

"Oh ho ho, you'd be surprised moon prince!" Hades laughed bitterly. "You'd be surprised at the methods I can use."

"Is that a threat?! God, it was already enough dealing with you in your heat and now you're coming along! That is why I come here to do my work, with you I get nothing done!" Artemis shouted angrily and glared at Hades.

"Your majesty?" Dia called quietly as she overheard their discussion.

"It isn't my damn fault! I don't control it! But it would go away faster if you just let me do what I want!"

"Oh don't you dare bring that up! If you wanted to control it you could! My point is, I don't want you to come with me!"

"Well it's too late sweetheart! I'm going, like it or not! You're my mate and whether you like to admit it or not I have control over you!!"

Dia put her hands over her mouth, and Artemis looked in rage and disbelief at Hades.

His wide eyes relayed the "you have five seconds to change what you just said" message. It was hard to tell if Hades got the clue or not.

"I've made my point, we're going." Hades marched away and it made Artemis's blood boil.

"Your majesty," Dia went to Artemis who whipped his head to her, still holding a glare. "I-It is time."

Artemis growled for the first time in his vampire life and stomped downstairs with his packed suitcase.

He was wearing his traveling outfit, similar to the one he wore when he went to visit that dwarf clan. He put his face mask on and gave his stuff to the Pyra sent to lead them to Ezamore.

"Prince Artemis--" the Pyra was interrupted in his bow when Artemis said:

"Shut your pie hole, let's go."

The Pyra looked confused between him and Hades who just grumbled at Artemis's attitude. Dia hurried behind them and apologized to the Pyra for Artemis's behavior.

The carriage looked like an ordinary one, but it was far from it. It was made of the finest black wood, and the horses pulling it were Favilla pegasi. The Favilla were bred in Ezamore and they were twice as big as a regular horse with immense wings. They had black, ash-like skin, and manes made of fire.

They snorted and tapped their hooves on the ground when their handler got on board. The pyra urged them to pull the carriage and the pegasi neighed as they ran before taking off into the sky with their wings.