12: All Is Forgotten In The Heat Of The Moment

Artemis felt so comfortable he didn't want to get up nor open his eyes. He felt so good being enveloped in Hades' strong arms, pressed against his chest, with his sandalwood and cologne scent all over him. The elf inhaled deeply and rubbed his head against the crook of Hades' neck.

The vampire grunted in his sleep and hugged Artemis tighter.

"Mm, feels so nice . . ." Hades mumbled in a deep, sleepy voice.

"Indeed." Artemis mumbled back as the two were about to drift back into sleep.

"Your highness! It's time for you to get up, you must hurry!" Dia's voice brought Artemis back to reality.

He waited a little to reply and his eyes snapped wide open when she said:

"It's almost time for the arrival of the Princess of Ezamore!"

Artemis sat up in a rush and pushed Hades off the bed.

"The fu--!!"

"Sh! Shut up! Don't make a sound! Hide under the bed or somewhere! Now!!" Artemis urged.

At seeing the panic in Artemis's face, Hades obeyed and crawled under the bed. The timing was perfect as Dia announced she would be coming in and did so.

"Your highness you must prepare at once. It's getting late." Dia hurriedly spread out his clothes on the bed and readied the bath.

"Sorry I overslept! I completely forgot that was today!" Artemis got off the bed.

He was bathed and dressed in record time, and now the remaining accessories were being added. Dia braided his hair and tied it into a bun, placed a pair of golden earrings on him, and applied some golden flakes to his shoulders. His outfit was a turquoise color with harem pants and a long sleeve turtle neck, with the addition of a long golden cape.

Artemis was finally ready, but he was scrambling through his room trying to find something.

"Dammit where did I put it?" Artemis cursed moving aside all the papers on his desk.

Hades was rather confused under the bed trying to figure out why everyone was so panicky.

"Found it!" Artemis exclaimed as he shoved a velvet blue box in his pocket. "Let's go!"

Artemis and Dia left with the door shut behind them and Hades was confused beyond reason. He peeked from under the mattress and he was indeed alone.

He decided to take a shower, but was rather stumped in the matter of clothing when he finished. He had been wearing the same thing for two days now, and to be honest they reeked of sex.

It was daytime, so traveling home was not an option unless he wanted to burn on the way. He could wear some of Artemis's clothes, but that's also a no go when there's a little over a foot of height difference, without mentioning body builds.

Hades pouted trying to think of what to do. He went through a drawer and found spare sets of colored sheets for the bed. With no other option, Hades tried his best to wrap a black sheet around himself to at least cover his naked body.

He opened the door of Artemis's room and noticed it was too bright from the window. Hades inhaled and made a run out of the room and shifted to a shadow to try to stand the brightness.

"Ow ow ow ow ow. Damn it. Fuck. Ow ow ow ow." Hades winced internally as he felt the sunlight burning up his skin.

He descended to the main palace and heard the fanfare of royalty coming from a room. In the throne room, there were a lot more shadows to blend into and the light wasn't as direct in certain spots. He found a shadow behind the throne Artemis was sitting at and hid there.