Chapter Thirteen

© Copyright 2013 - ColouredCookie

*********************************************************************

“Mr Goldstein? Mr Goldstein? Goldstein!”

“What?” Blake snapped his head up from the papers that wildly cluttered his desk and looked into the eyes of one of the younger members of the finance team, “Sorry Cal, miles away.”

Cal grimaced, “You want good news or bad news?”

Blake sighed, smiling weakly, “With all this, I’m really looking for some good news Cal.”

“Well, the market’s up.” Cal grinned

“Marvellous!” Blake exclaimed, “And the bad news?”

The smile was wiped from Cal’s face and he murmured something.

“Pardon?” Blake asked

“Goldstein Enterprises is being sued for 5 million pounds.” Cal let out in one breath.

You WHAT?!” Blake exploded

“I—I’m sorry Mr Goldstein, I only found out, I swear!”

“Well, what in hell for?!” Blake boomed

“It’s a business, sir, one of our Middle Eastern counterparts, allegedly we conned them out of the money when we installed the old system in their bank and it malfunctioned.”

“Well then take it up with the bloody system company!”

Cal shrank back.

GO! And the next person I see in this room that is not a member of the board will be fired effectively immediately, do I make myself clear?”

“Crystal, sir. I’ll get right on it right away, sir.” Cal grabbed the door handle

“Oh and Cal?” Blake smiled

“Yes, sir?” Cal turned

“Make this go away or I’ll have your head.”

“Yes, sir.” Cal’s voice shook as he scurried out of the room.

Blake banged his fists against his desk. £5 million? Damn that’s a lot!

Someone knocked on the door and Blake bit his tongue, trying not to lash out.

“Enter.” He commanded

He was just about to scream when he saw the best thing that had ever happened to him walk into the room.