Chapter Nine

New chapter is up!

Thanks,

-Bex. X

*********************************************************************

Amelia awoke to a stream of light through the cream curtains.

She groaned, throwing a pillow over her head. Did she have too much wine last night? It sure felt like it. But why did her body ache like she’d just been 3 rounds with Muhammad Ali?

Oh God, she’d slept with Blake last night!

He’d said that he loved her... and she said the same! And she did, love him, more than anything in the world. It was like he had some kind of power over her, some hypnosis or something.

She rolled over in bed, noticing his personalised pillows: BCG.

Wait. Where was he? He hadn’t just slept with her and gone had he? Oh, that’s fantastic.

She turned as she heard the door creak open and she opened an eye, peering towards the door. Blake stood at the large crack, in only his boxers, carrying a breakfast tray. He tiptoed into the room, wincing when the wood floor creaked.

He placed the tray on the side table and eased slowly into bed, his muscles flexing. Amelia’s tongue moistened her lips. Damn.

She yawned, propping herself up on her elbows, “Good morning.”

He turned, slightly startled, but then a smile spread across his face, “Hmm, it is now.” He kissed her lips, sliding next to her, “I made you breakfast.”

She smiled, “Blake, that’s sweet you shouldn’t have.”

“That’s me,” he gave her a flirty wink, “Mr Sweet.”

“You know, I do love you Blake Goldstein.”

He grinned, a boyish, yes-I’m-younger-than-I-look- grin “Thank you.”

She hit his chest.

“We’ve only been officially dating for a day and you’re already violently abusing me?!” Blake gasped in mock horror

She scowled, her eyes narrowing, “Wrong answer.”

“Okay! Okay!” he protested, “I love you.”

She smiled, “That’s better.”

He rubbed the back of his neck apprehensively, “I made you fruit salad and some pancakes and syrup, I hope that’s okay?”

“That’s perfect.” She tucked into the pancakes taking a huge, appreciative bite, “Thank you.”

“So, I thought I’d give you a tour today, perhaps show you the stables?”

“Stables?” she enquired between bites

“Yes darling, the stables,” Blake rolled his eyes, “Do you ride?”

“Not for years,” she replied, “I’ll give it a go though.”

“Great,” he kissed her forehead, inhaling her scent, then getting up from bed, “I’ll leave you to finish breakfast. Meet me at the pool at let’s say... 10:00? That’ll give you 45 minutes to get ready and finish breakfast.”

“That’s fine, is it cold out?” she asked

“Not as hot as yesterday and quite windy, so yes, wrap up warm.”