Chapter Three

Hello!

This is chapter 3. You'll meet two new characters in this chapter. James and Kaitlin (picture on side)

- Bex. X

********************************************************

Amelia added the final streak of mascara to her eyes. She didn’t usually wear make-up unless it was a special occasion, but after the other night she just couldn’t help but make an extra effort.

She couldn’t stop thinking about the kiss with Blake two nights ago. It was like he had flicked a switch on, igniting every passion within her. She’d never stopped thinking about it, not even for one minute, not even for one second.

She could still feel his hot breath against her face, the taste of brandy on her lips, his soft hand cupping her face.

She pressed the call button on her phone and after three rings it picked up.

“Honey! You read my mind like a book, I’m outside the front door.”

Amelia rolled her eyes, “Bye then!”

The doorbell immediately rang and Amelia ran down to answer it.

She was greeted by two strong arms around her neck.

Kaitlin Henderson was Amelia’s best friend, since Amelia had moved to California when she was 21. Kaitlin was a beautiful Californian beach babe. She had honey-blonde hair, similar to Amelia’s with hazel-green eyes, high cheekbones and dimples in her cheeks. She had a light American accent which was tempered with a middle-class Chelsea inflection.

Amelia and Kaitlin were often mistaken for twins but Amelia had that certain sparkle that men fell head over heels in love with almost immediately.

“Oh honey, it’s been too long!” Kaitlin grinned, “You look beautiful!”

“Too long!” Amelia smiled, “And so do you, you look amazing Kait.”

She arched an eyebrow, “What are you thinking about Crawford? Something’s on your mind I can tell.”

“Oh, Kaitlin Henderson, you know me far too well. I have an hour before I need to leave for work.” She said, glancing at her watch and flopping onto the sofa.

“Speak.” Kaitlin urged

“Well there’s this guy—“

“Obviously,” Kaitlin rolled her eyes, “it always is.”

“It’s different this time Kait, he’s totally hot.”

“If you say so honey.”

“Ever heard of Blake Goldstein?”

Kaitlin’s mouth dropped open, “That hot stockbroker CEO guy?”

Amelia nodded

“Oh. My. God! He is totally hot!”

“Well I did tell you...” Amelia replied

“A chick that I did a campaign with went out with him one time.”

Kaitlin Henderson was most famous for her Hawaii cover of Sports Illustrated. Since then she had modelled for Victoria’s Secret, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Anna Sui and Vivienne Westwood, but refused to pose naked for Playboy, making her one of the most admired and respected models of all time.

“Well, we grew up together, he was my neighbour until I was 8, then we moved and I haven’t seen him since. But now... dear God, Kaitlin, he’s just so... so...”

“Old friends reunited. Aw, that’s sweet.” Kaitlin swooned

“I kissed him Kait.”

Her head snapped around, “You did what?”