Chapter Thirty-Two

Blake, James, Seth and their mutual friend Gary all sat around the circular table in the kitchen playing poker.

Seth, Kaitlin's brother, had come over for work as a photographer and Gary, James' work colleague was stressed out and in need of a drink.

An empty pizza box was strewn across the floor and each of the men were drinking a mixture of alcohol in a somewhat lethal cocktail, with the exception of Blake who sipped amber coloured scotch from a crystal tumbler.

James shoved salt and vinegar flavoured crisps into his mouth, "I raise you 10."

"10?" Seth protested, "10!"

"What?" James replied, "I'm playing strategically."

Blake scoffed, shaking his head.

"What were we talking about again?" Gary asked, returning to the table with a bottle of vodka, "Oh yes, the sex life."

James snorted, "No way in hell."

"Oh come on, live a little," Seth replied, "Mine is great, English chicks seem to be all over me, think it's the accent, and of course my blinding good looks."

"You are so full of it." James replied, rolling his eyes, "Honestly."

Gary snorted with laughter, "Says the one that was banging five girls a minute before he found his wife. Come on then Jimmy boy, divulge some info."

"What I do with my wife is absolutely none of your concern." James replied shortly

"Quite," Seth included himself in the conversation, "I don't want to hear about my little sister and loverboy. It will make my skin crawl."

They all looked towards Blake.

"No way," Blake said, "Mia and me are private."

"No way in hell!" James exclaimed, "This is Mia we are talking about. Blake, keep your mouth shut."

"Oh come on Blake! What's it like for a multi-millionaire CEO, master of his own universe with the perfect blonde? I reckon it's bloody fantastic..." Gary chuckled, "Go on then Blake, spill the beans."

"Go on Blake, go on," Seth badgered, "Go on."

"No." He shook his head

"Go on!" they pestered

"Okay, okay, okay." he relented, "Let's put it this way... Mia... is like... a rollercoaster. When you get on, there's that fuzzy nervous/excited feeling in your stomach and then it hits... and by the time you get off... well, you're looking to go again and again and again."

Seth and Gary chuckled, slapping each of his shoulders individually.

James looked a deathly white, "I think I'm going to be sick."

Blake smirked proudly, "Who's folding?"

"I fold." Gary sighed, putting his cards down.

"Ditto." Seth repeated the action

"Guess it's just you and me bro." Blake grinned

James narrowed his eyes, slowly placing his cards down, face-up, "Three of a kind..."

Blake's face fell, his eyes widening as he looked at the pile of notes equating up to around £500.

He laid down his cards, "Royal flush."

He grinned as they all stared open mouthed at him.

"Read it and weep gentlemen..." he swept the money towards him