Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Hello Amelia."

Her breath caught in her throat, seeing him for the first time in 4 weeks.

"Blake..."

He scraped his hair back again, "I think we need to talk, don't you?"

Amelia tilted her chin up in an attempt of defiance, "It seemed like you didn't want to talk four weeks ago, so what's changed?"

"Everything has changed Amelia, and you bloody well know it!" Blake's face twisted in anger, before he took a deep breath, "Look Mia, I'm looking at things more clearly now... and I thought it would be...appropriate for us to have a discussion."

"How can you be so goddamn detached about this Blake? After everything? After the scene you made in the office? And now... well now, it's like you don't even care. I mean, it's been hell on earth the past few weeks and you're acting like-"

"I've missed you." He breathed

Her eyes widened, "You have?"

"Every second of every minute of every day. All I've wanted to do was hold you."

"Please Blake... don't...I-I've cried so much."

His eyes widened, "No..." he saw the tears pooling in her eyes, "No..no...no!"

He crushed her into his arms, rocking her from side to side, kissing the top of her head repeatedly. The dam burst and Amelia sobbed into his shoulder.

"Oh baby," his voice constricted, "Please don't cry. Please..."

She pulled away from him wiping her tears away and breathing in sharply.

"That's why I'm moving to California. Tonight. Permanently."

"WHAT?!"

"I'm leaving Blake, for good. James and Kaitlin have offered me their apartment for a while, I'm sure I'll find a company nearby, once I get settled. I'm hopping on a plane this evening. That's why I was coming into work. To quit. To say goodbye to everyone. To say goodbye to you."

"But you can't!"

"I need a fresh start Blake, a clean slate. All this... drama between us, it's not doing me any good. It needs to stop. All of it. I just want it to stop."

"You can't leave me! Mia, you can't go!"

She laughed humourlessly, "Blake, you already left me. It's fine. You can't have it both ways. You'll get on, you'll live. Hey, you could even get back with Lexy if you wanted. She can give you everything you want, everything you need.  You'll forget about me in no time."

"No, I don't want her! What can I do to make you stay? This can't be it. We can't be finished. We're us! We're Mia and Blake! This can't be finished between us. It won't."

"Blake..." she shook her head, "We're already done."

Then a light bulb illuminated in his head.

This was it. This was the moment.

"Look, Mia...This is it for me. You. You're it, you always have been. So this... it's long overdue. I-I really don't want to wait any longer for this and it's been eating me up inside for a long while now, not in a bad way or anything but in a kind of good and bad way, if you have any idea of what I'm talking about. Amelia, I love you. I think I always have loved you, ever since I laid eyes on you for the first time. You, in that pretty little summer dress, the sun reflecting off your curly blonde hair, your beautiful blue eyes, that cute button nose and your stunning smile, I just couldn't get you out of my head. Then, when I met you again, I thought I was dreaming. You look so... so angelic, so perfect. Do you remember when we had that argument about the law suit and then we made up afterwards? All I can remember is your smile, your beautiful pink lips and you don't know how I felt when I knew that you were smiling because of me. That's when I knew. That's when I knew that I truly and utterly loved you, with everything that I am and will ever be. Even with everything that's gone on, I don't think that I could ever be without you Amelia Crawford."