Chapter Twenty

“I don’t like her! I just don’t like her!” Kaitlin huffed, “Do you see the way she is around the guys? Around my future husband?”

Kaitlin, Amethyst, Amelia and Ally sat around the table in an underground bar: Hypnotic. It was Kaitlin’s hen night and they were done up to the nines in skimpy party dresses with pink feather boas around their necks.

Kaitlin was dressed in white with a halo on top of her head and an ‘L’ plate hanging around her neck. Amethyst was in a light purple dress, to match her name, and she had coiled her hair into a tight bun. Ally was in a hot pink dress with a large black bow, her icy blonde hair falling in waves around her shoulders. Amelia – the maid of honour – was in a tight coral blue dress that finished mid thigh with 6 inch coral blue heels and a white feather boa around her neck. All the men in the club couldn’t keep their eyes off the girls.

“I know right!” Ally scoffed, “If she touches Caleb’s arm one more time, I’ll swing for her.”

Amelia snorted, “You so have a thing for him.”

“I do not!” she protested.

“Yes, you do!” the girls chorused.

Ally blushed, “It’s not my fault I know a hot guy when I see one.”

Kaitlin gasped, “What’s that supposed to mean? Are you trying to say James isn’t hot?”

“Not my type sweetie,” Ally shook her head, “What do you ladies think of our brother?”

Amelia shrugged but Amethyst turned a deep hue of pink.

“I knew it!” Amelia exclaimed

“What?” Amethyst mumbled.

“You like him don’t you?” Kaitlin smirked, “That’s gross and cute at the same time.”

“Ally, pay up, $40.” Amelia said

Ally sighed in defeat, “Okay, okay, fair play Barbie, you win.”

“You bet on me?” Amethyst gasped.

“Oh babe,” Amelia threw an arm around Amethyst’s shoulders, “I only bet because I knew I was going to win. Hey, I’ll buy you a drink with some of my winnings.”

“What about Blake?” Ally interjected, “Now, that’s one fine piece of man candy right there.”

“I’ll second. Granted, Blake’s hot.” Kaitlin nodded.

“Hey!” Amelia protested, “Boyfriends are off limits.”

“Alright, alright, don’t get your panties in a twist Barbie! We’re merely...” Ally smiled, “Looking over the selection.”

“He’s not to select, he’s mine.” Amelia growled

Kaitlin cleared her throat, looking away, “Is it getting hot in here?”

“What’s up Barbie, can’t take a little competition?”

“Oh, trust me, I give as good as I get.” Amelia hissed

“Well, okay then Barbie, you got it,” Ally looked at her watch, “You have until 2am. That’s the rest of the night. Whoever gets the most digits wins.”

“Okay, sounds good,” Amelia drank a shot, “You can’t pretend to be a prostitute - that's my rule."

“Fine.” Ally smiled, “Let the games begin.”

*

“Come on man! She was totally hot!”

The stag night had started with a bang.