Chapter Thirty-Three

Listen to the song on the side with this! ;)

*******************************************************************************************************

Blake tensed his jaw in agitation, “Look, just have it dealt with as soon as possible, I want you to consult Asia on that and liquidate stock if you have to. Yes, of course! If I hear about any losses, and I mean any losses, because I will heard about them… I will cut whoever is responsible into steak and serve them with chips. I think tartar sauce will do just nicely on the side. Deal with it. Now.” He hung up abruptly and threw his colleague’s phone across the room in anger.

“Damn it!”

It was late at night, around 9:00pm and Blake was still in the office, along with a junior employee who was transcribing everything that Blake barked out from his multiple phone calls.

It was a frustrating situation as Blake had been in the office for two days straight, sleeping and showering there.

“That’s the last on the list. Would you like me to assist you further Mr Goldstein, sir?”

“No,” Blake replied, “That will be all. I appreciate your assistance, you’ll find a bottle of something on your desk tomorrow morning. Red or white?”

“Oh, really Mr Goldstein, that won’t be necessary, it is only a pleasure to---“

“Red or white?”

“White,” the assistant replied sheepishly, “Thank you Mr Goldstein, sir.” He grabbed his coat, throwing it on and scurrying out of the building.

Blake let out an almighty sigh.

He’d had non-stop meetings all day ranging from mergers and acquisitions to tax returns.

It was all extremely dry and he hadn’t even got a chance to return to his office for even a moment, except early this morning to throw on his standard white shirt, black tie and black suit.

He could imagine that Mia was livid.

She had started recovering extremely quickly following her head injury, almost at double the speed that the doctors had anticipated.

She was back to work within two weeks, although Blake insisted she worked half-days.

He missed her. He missed spending time with her, with his girl.

Once she was feeling better, he took her riding on Trojan – his horse again, made love to her under the oak tree again, had Penelope – his chef cook a brilliant meal again – did all the things she liked, the simple romance she said she wanted.

But it felt like they hadn’t even spoken in the last week, yet alone touched.

Mia had been working hard as well, particularly in the Finance department. He’d have to do something extra special for her once he got the time.

Running his hands through his hair, Blake sighed, opening his office door.

As he lifted his head, he froze solid on the spot, his jaw dropping.

Mia lay across his desk, her legs crossed at the ankle. She was dressed in a skimpy black corset rimmed in yellow silk with fishnet tights covering her long legs whilst she speared cheesecake on a fork and fed it through her lips.

She turned, licking the remnants from the side of her full red lips.

Blake loosened his tie and swallowed hard, “Mia.”