№2|Of Dragons and Vanilla

-‘๑’-Book 1-‘๑’-

№2|Of Dragons and Vanilla
>───⇌••⇋───<

When Miriana closed the door, she was immediately pulled into the broom closet. She used her magic to light up her hand, revealing Charles’ smiling face. She sighed in relief. “Charles, you scared me…”

He kissed her nose. “That’s the last thing I want to do.”

“Don't worry.” Shewrapped her arms around his neck lovingly. “You’ll never scare me.”

“So,” he kissed along her neck, “when will you let go of the prissy suit and tie man?”

“He has a – oh gods, Charles!” she tried to muffle her moans, but he made it hard to do so. “He...he has a name.”

“Yes, the man kept me from my mate.” Charles purred against the nape of her neck, “You’re mine…”

“You know I am, Charles.” She gasped when she felt his finger wrap around her breast, giving them a sensual squeeze. “You dragons are so possessive.”

“It’s in our nature.” He licked along her neck, sucking on the birthmark on the nape of her neck. “When we see our mate for the first time,” he pinned her hands high above her head, “we never go back. We stick with that one mate for eternity.”

He bit her lower lip. “And you’re all mine, Miriana~”

“I promise, you’ll get to mark me soon, Charles.” 

“I want to mark you now,” he felt up her thighs, “so that stupid Soren can’t touch what’s mine.”

“I'm sorry,” she whimpered, “it must be hard for you seeing me with Soren.” She stroked his cheek. “The last thing I want to do is make things even more complicated for you and your dragon.”

“Miriana, you're not at fault here — he is. He’s the one who left you in an unhappy situation. ” He kissed along her neck. Her vanilla scent was intoxicating. “I'm just so glad I found you when I did.”

“I see the way you look at me when you see me with him… you’re angry with me.” Miriana looked away from the dragon.

“My anger isn't directed at you — I could never be mad at you. My anger is towards him, not you. It’s a mix of my anger and the dragon's. We don't like seeing you with him… sure you smile when you're with him, but I can see you're dying inside when you're with him.” Charles sighed softly, turning her face back to him.

“I know about the claw marks, Charles…”

“What?” He tried to play dumb, acting as if he didn't know what she was referring to.

“The claw marks under the bar… they're from you, aren't they?” she questioned.

He nodded. “It's the only way to stop myself from attacking him.”

She hugged him tightly. “Can you tell your dragon I'm sorry?”

Charles' eyes glowed a deep magenta. “You have nothing to be sorry for, little one.”