№8|All Mine

-‘๑’-Book 1-‘๑’-

№8|All Mine
>───⇌••⇋───<

Charles poured the strawberry smoothie into a glass, sliding it over to the customer.

“He really did that to her?” Charles’ friend, Ivan, questioned as he prepared another smoothie.

“Yep…” Charles clenched the class Ivan passed to him. “She had bruises on her skin because of that sick bastard.” With his newfound anger, the glass shattered in his hand. The orange smoothie dripped down his clenched fist.

“Woah…” Ivan muttered, handing him a towel to wipe off his hands. “Surprised you're not staying with Miriana right now. You never work the smoothie bar.”

“Trust me, I’d love to be with Miri right now, but I can't… one, I’m working this stupid smoothie bar-”

“Hey!” Ivan interrupted with a laugh. “I for one love this smoothie bar.”

“And two,” he chuckled at his fellow dragon’s remark, “April’s coming up and you know what that means.”

“Mating season~” Ivan cooed, mixing up some fruits and veggies in the blender. “Winnie and I are gonna take the first week of April off for mating season. How about you?”

“Soren actually gave you the week off?” Charles scoffed. “Anytime I ask for days off he says; ‘I pay you to pour drinks, not sit around all day’. The balls on that man… I swear.”

“Why not talk to him about it?” Ivan asked, shrugging as though it was nothing.

“I don't trust myself to be alone in a room with that asshole right now. If I am… the walls will be painted with his blood.” A fiery rage burned inside Charles’ eyes.

“Some of the dragons on the ship are going up to Soren’s office later tonight to give a special talking to him.” Ivan smirked, winking at Charles as he cleaned the glasses. “You should join us, maybe with more dragons on your side, you’ll feel calmer and not rip his head off. Like so many of us want to do.”

“Imagine.” Charles sighed, resting his chin in his hands. “Imagine how good it’ll be to just stand over him as he burns into nothing but a sniveling pile of trash. My foot grinding into his chest as I hold Miriana close…”

“I don't pay you two to chit chat.” Soren grimaced, walking towards the two dragons. “I pay you to make smoothies and other drinks. I don't care about your life stories.”

He smirked up at Ivan, who shot him a nasty glare. “Say, Ivan, where is that no magic-user girlfriend of yours.”

Ivan glared at the man, the glass he was cleaning in his hands began to crack.

“Hey Soren, where’s that wife of yours?” Winnie smirked, leaning over Soren’s shoulder. “Oh that’s right!” A sly smirk graced across her lips. “She ran away. Damn, you can’t even keep a girl long enough to get her to the altar. What a shame.”

“Stick a sock in it will ya, Winnie?” Soren grimaced.

“Everyone knows what you did to her.” Winnie clenched her fist. “You’re lucky you run the ship, cause if you didn’t you'd be dead for what you did to Miss Miriana.”