№39|Why I Left Him

-‘๑’-Book 1-‘๑’-

№39|Why I Left Him
>───⇌••⇋───<

“I’m going to kill him! I swear I’ll rip his head off!” Charles shouted as he and the group entered his room.

“Charles, you know you can’t kill-”

“Don't say I can’t, Wayne, cause I can and I will!” Charles shot back.

“I know you can, but think about what will happen. You’ll end up in jail, and she’ll be with Soren forever.” Wayne lowered Charles down to the sofa chair. “Just breathe. I know her not remembering you is scary but you have to relax. Didn’t I promise you two would mate before April is over?”

“It’s April 17th, Wayne…” He hung his head low. “Just give up.”

“I’m not and neither are you.” Wayne slapped him upside the head. “The Miriana up there isn’t your Miri, but she was before. We just have to help her remember.”

“But she-”

“I know she doesn’t right now, and you bombarding her won't help her remember. Just let us handle it. Okay? How about you head to work? You don't have to stay in the cell anymore,” Jerald suggested, patting his shoulder.

“Okay…” he sighed, frowning as he made his way towards the bathroom to splash water on his face.

“I can’t believe him,” Queenie growled, clenching her fist. “She turned her into a 50’s housewife!”

“I know, it’s despicable!” Silvia spat, shaking her head.

“Why was Miriana acting like that? She looked weird.” Evan asked, looking up at his mother.

“I don't know… but that isn’t her. Miriana would never act the way she did in there.” Raelyn sighed.

“I know she wouldn’t and that’s what makes it so weird.” Charles said, coming out of the bathroom dressed in his uniform. “That isn’t my Miri.”

“Don't worry, we’ll get-” Before Silvia could continue, a knock was heard from the other side of the door.

Charles opened the door to reveal Miriana standing there. “Oh, hello Mister Charles. Um, I was here to speak with my sister and my friends.”

He sighed, grumbling as he made his way back into the bathroom to comb his hair.

“Girls, I was wondering if you wanted to have a girl’s day at the spa. We can get facials, get our hair done, and-” Miriana suddenly clenched the side of her head and stumbled back into the sofa chair. She shut her eyes, rubbing her head. When she opened them a second later, the green hue was gone. “Wh-Where am I? Wh-What happened? Where’s Ch-Charles?” She gasped for air, searching the room for her dragon.

Charles came out of the bathroom. “Did someone call-”

“Charles!” Miriana rushed into his arms, gripping the back of his shirt. “Ch-Charles… make it stop, please make it stop! I-It hurts!”

The room was shocked to silence. Just a few moments ago, Miriana had been acting strange, but now she was breaking down crying into the chest of the dragon she claimed she didn’t know.