№52|Shoes

-‘๑’-Book 1-‘๑’-

№52|Shoes
>───⇌••⇋───<

Silvia grumbled as she stared into the mirror and observed. She liked doing her makeup but hated the fact she was getting dolled up to have dinner with her ex.

Wayne walked out of the adjoining room, smiling at his sleeping daughter. He turned towards Silvia with a slight smirk and came up behind her to wrap his arms around her waist.

“You look good,” he whispered and kissed her neck.

“I haven’t finished my makeup yet,” Silvia said while unscrewing the top of her mascara.

“Well, even without makeup, you’re beautiful.” He replied, smirking against her soft skin. “Why must you look so beautiful for such an ugly guy.”

“Travis isn't that ugly.” She chuckled and applied the mascara to her eyelashes. “He does have nice eyes.”

Wayne grumbled slightly which brought another chuckle from Silvia. “Your eyes are cuter though.”

He smiled at her reflection in the mirror, “I’m sorry for making you do this…”

“Wayne, it’s alright.” She pulled out a bottle of red lipstick from her makeup pouch. “Do I want to see my sicko of an ex again? No. But, when in relationships, sometimes we have to do things we don't like in order to help our partners, and our partners will do the same for us.” 

“Still, I know how much you hate Travis,” he said, picking up the hairbrush. He ran its bristles through her dark hair.

“Honey, I don't hate Travis – I despise him,” Silvia corrected. “But I only need to be nice to him for the night so I can get Queenie into Soren’s get together. I don't care about being nice to him as long as I get something out of it.” She smirked at the assassin. “Oh I get it! You’re jealous.”

“I never said that.” Wayne put the brush back down on the vanity desk.

Silvia turned around to face him, snickering. “You can hide it all you want but you're jealous. Is it because he has more money? Cause I know what you get paid for your hits.”

“It’s not that, Silvia,” Wayne said, opening the gun cabinet. He pulled the rifle out, set it on the table near the bedside on the far left of the room, and began cleaning it.

With a sigh, she rose from her desk and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Come on, tell me what it is. You’re obviously aggravated because you’re cleaning your rifle. Penelope says you only do that when you're aggravated.”

“If it’s looks, then you have no reason to be jealous. Trust me Wayne, you’re hotter,” Silvia assured him, kissing his cheek.

“You’re going to be late for your dinner date,” Wayne reminded her.

“He can wait.” She moved the rifle out of his hand and onto the table. She then sat in his lap. “Can you just please tell me what it is?” She rested her soft hands on his cheek and gazed into his chocolate brown eyes. She curled her bottom lip up while battering her eyelashes at him.