№49|The New Beta

-‘๑’-Book 1-‘๑’-

№49|The New Beta

>───⇌••⇋───<

“He’s here!” Jerald sped to the door and flung it wide open.

“Well jeez, couldn’t open that door fast enough, huh?” Vulcan laughed. Vulcan McKay was a tall young adult with a slim build, dark eyes and short blond hair. His few bangs brushed to his right and a single earring pierced his left ear.

There was a moment of silence between the two of them before they both crept up a smile. “Give me a hug, Alpha!” Vulcan grinned as he embraced Jerald.

Jerald sighed in relief. “I missed you, idiot.”

“I missed you too, ya big lug.” Vulcan punched him playfully.

Jerald looked around in the hallway, hoping to see someone else. “Where’s Eliza? I thought she was going to join you.”

Vulcan gulped. He chuckled nervously and patted Jerald’s shoulder. “Why don’t you show me the new pack, especially your new Luna.”

Jerald crooked up his eyebrow at the Beta. “Uh… sure.” He walked him over to Raelyn and the twins. “Rae, this is Vulcan. He’s my best friend.”

“Ouch.” Wayne scoffed with a joking roll of the eyes.

“Oh shush, you’re one of my best friends too.” Laughing, Jeral pulled Wayne in for a headlock noogie.

Vulcan smiled, shaking his head. “He still acts the same.”

Raelyn extended her hand to Vulcan. “Like Jerald said, I’m Raelyn Escobar.” She pointed towards the twins as they petted the wolf pups. “Those are my kids, Evan and Ivory Escobar.”

“You’re a mother? I never would’ve imagined such a young woman to be a mother.” Vulcan eyes widened at the sudden realization.

She blushed at his kind comment. “I’m not that young… I just turned thirty a month ago. You look much younger than me,” she said, sheepishly turning away from him.

“I’m thirty-five, Raelyn.” Vulcan laughed. Raelyn covered her hand over her mouth. “Shocking, huh?”

Raelyn nodded and slowly lowered her hand. “How? You look so young”

“Werewolves’ skin don't age as quickly as humans’ do,” Vulcan explained.

“Jerald said you have a mate? Eliza, right? I can’t wait to meet the woman who’ll be my head Beta like how you’re Jerald’s.” Raelyn smiled but noticed the slight frown on Vulcan’s lips.

“Uh… yeah.” His muscles tightened at the thought. “Your pups are so beautiful.”

“Thanks, it seems they’re ready to be part of the pack,” she muttered.

“Are you not?” Vulcan asked.

“Being a Luna is a lot of pressure. What if they don't like me?” Raelyn whimpered.