№54|Protection

-‘๑’-Book 1-‘๑’-

№54|Protection
>───⇌••⇋───<

Miriana pouted, folding her arms over her chest like a child. Charles laughed and paused packing his bag. With his hand pressed on the bed for support, he leaned over to kiss his mate’s lips.

“Don't be mad, Miri. I’ll only be away for one day.” 

She turned away from him in a huff. “Fine, leave me. What kind of dragon leaves their mate?”

“Don't play that card. Miri, think of it this way.” He sat on the side of the bed, cupping her hand. “The quicker we get this done, the quicker we can move past this Soren mess.”

“Fine,” she mumbled and kissed his nose. “I’ll miss you.”

“I miss you too, my love.” He curled his fingers under her chin, lifting it up to kiss her lips once more. “It’s only one day.”

“Only one day.” She smiled up at her dragon as she bit her lip. “Charles… do you… do you want to move our relationship to the next level?”

“As in sex? I would love to have sex with you-”

“No, no,” she chuckled, shaking her head, “I mean… marriage.”

“Marriage?” Charles asked with wide eyes.

“Yeah, marriage,” Miriana repeated. “So? Do you?”

-ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ-

While Silvia and Wayne enjoyed their childless night together, Charles watched the three kids as the lone adult.  after Jerald and Raelyn went into the main room to relax.

Charles didn’t mind. It was the least he could do, since Raelyn and Jerald were going through a lot and the two needed to talk. Plus, Charles’ dragon was convinced that the more time he spent with the kids, the more practice he would have for when he and Miriana had their own.

“You’re terrible at hair.” His dragon scoffed at his human’s struggle to do a simple braid.

“How can Wayne and Jerald do this so easily?” Charles muttered to himself. He held a scrunchie between his lips as he tried to maneuver his fingers through Penelope’s hair.

“Cause they know how to do hair,” Evan muttered before stuffing a handful of popcorn into his mouth. Both he and his sister focused back on the movie they were watching.

“It isn’t that simple! How the heck does Miriana do this with her hair?” He twisted Penelope’s hair, hoping to achieve the correct form of a braid. Sighing in defeat, he let go of her hair. “Sorry Penny, I don't know how to do this.”

“I couldn’t tell,” she mumbled under her breath. Then she smiled up at Charles. “It’s okay. I’ll just ask Jerald to help later after he’s done talking to Raelyn.”

“Actually,” Charles released a shaky breath as he paused the movie, “are you three okay with everything going on here?”