№42|Getting Burned

-‘๑’-Book 1-‘๑’-

№42|Getting Burned
>───⇌••⇋───<

Queenie walked back from Miriana and Soren’s room with a heavy heart. She never liked her little sister being with that man; Queenie knew that there was always trouble behind Soren's door

With a deep sigh, she rummaged through her purse to find her keys. When she finally pulled them out, she smiled at the little white flower keychain.

The day Queenie told Silvia she wasn’t taking over the company, the two had gotten into a huge argument. Words were thrown and scars were formed. When all the chaos was beginning to settle, Miriana waltzed into the room and gave Queenie the flower keychain.

She wanted Queenie to have something to remember her by as she went on her travels. Since she would be staying behind to take over the company, she hoped that with that keychain, she could be there with her older sister in spirit.

Queenie smiled, stroking the cool metal with her thumb. “Oh, Miriana… Remember when it was easy? When our biggest problem was sharing a closet, choosing what shoes matched which dress, choosing our spell classes.” Those were the days- the better, simpler days.

She was about to unlock her bedroom door when she heard muffled shouts coming from inside. With furrowed eyebrows, she pressed her ear to the door. 

“How the hell did you get onto the ship?”

This was definitely Zachary; she knew his voice well. But who is he talking to?

“I got a ticket. First class. No thanks to you, obviously.”

She’s definitely female. Queenie listened closer.

“Who gave you a ticket?” Zachary asked sternly.

“Who do you think?” the woman replied with a scoff. “Soren gave me a ticket when I had a little chat with him.”

“You can’t keep your nose out of my business, can you?” Zachary groaned.

Who is she? 

“Zach, your business is my business.” A certain slyness coated her voice. “You can run, hide your face and your name, but you can’t fool me, Zach.” She chuckled. “I. Know. You.”

“You know the old me,” he shot back. “You know the Zachary that was so desperate for love, he’d believe it to be in the arms of the devil herself.”

“Oh, so you’re calling me the devil? That’s rich, look who you're related to! His name literally means devil!” she pointed out, earning a growl from Zachary.

“Don't you think I know that?” His growl only grew deeper. “Don't you think I got on this ship to get away from that?”

“Obviously not, if you're going to Spain to see him in court.” She scoffed once more.

“To end this madness once and for all! I’m sick and tired of your games, my fathers lies, and my mother’s stress. I’m sick of being ashamed of who I am because of my name! My name is Zachary Everrtt Jr. I’m done living a lie!”