- O1 ▎

• Jadah |'

-

"Babe! I'm home!" I heard him yell downstairs.

I suddenly became nervous. Usually, an eighteen year-old girl like me would be happy when their boyfriend is back from wherever he went. Me? Not so much. Dating a guy like Derrick is every girl's worst nightmare. I didn't know what I put myself into 'till two years ago, when he started abusing me.

He came home drunk as hell. When I tried to help him, he hit me. He keeps hitting me till today and it gotten worse. He would get drunk almost every night. He doesn't feel good if he doesn't have alcohol in his system. Tonight is one of those nights.

I descended down the stairs slowly, afraid he would see me. All I wanna do is lock myself up in a room. But, I know better. He'll probably get mad and literally kill me.
We've been together for about three years now- ever since I was fifteen years-old and he was seventeen. Our first year was the best. That was before he started abusing me and make my life a living hell.

It's not like I could run away. Even though, I tried. I never succeed. He would always find me or caught me before I would even walk out of the house. Even if I did succeed on running away, where would I go?

He made me run away with him three years ago- he made me leave everything behind. My parents, my family, my brother and sister and everything else. Threatening he would kill my family if I didn't go. Family first, I always say.

"Get 'cho ass ova here." He slurred.

I let out a deep breath and slowly walk up to him. I'm a very small girl. I'm only 5'0 and I'm eighteen. Derrick is twenty and about 6'2 and muscular. Most people are frightened by him when he steps in a room.

He grabbed my ass and soon lifted me up so I can sit on his lap. He started sucking on my neck and I felt disgusted. I tried pushing him away but he held down strongly onto my wrists.

"Derrick.." I said, lowly. "Stop. I am not in the mood."

"Well, I am." He snapped at me. "So you're gonna do everything I ask, you understand?"

I felt a tear slip my eyes as I nodded.

•••••

I woke up early so I can get ready for school. Unlike most people, school is the only place I can go and be happy and be myself. Being the most popular girl in school, that was easy to do. I slowly got out of Derrick's grasp and wrapped my blanket around my naked body. He raped me last night. But, I'm used to it by now.

I did my morning hygiene and put on a dark gray sweater, my high-waisted black pants, and my black flip flop. I wasn't in the mood today. I never am when he rapes me the night before.

I grabbed a granola bar and walked to school which was far, but not that far. I guess I don't mind the walking. Derrick does not go to school or even have a job. I pay the house bills by working two jobs a week. I am a waitress at an expensive restaurant and I also work at Walmart for extra money. All Derrick does is lay around the house and drink, basically.

I entered the school campus, with my everyday fake smile on, and getting greeted by many people. I walk to my locker and dropped a few books in there. My bestfriend, Janelle, approached me.

She's about 5'7, with beautiful, black, straight hair. She have a beautiful chocolate skin color and I would just die for her long legs.

She pouted and groan. "You promised you weren't gonna wear a sweater again today." She rolled her eyes playfully. "You gotta show them arms and legs, girl."

"I didn't promise." I chuckled slightly.

Though I've known her for a long time, Janelle didn't know my story. No one does. I tell her I wear long sleeves because its my style. But, as much as I want to stop wearing them, I can't. I'm self conscious about my scars and bruises and I don't wanna be questioned.

"Can I come over later?" She batted her eyelashes and pouted her lips.

She've been wanting to come to my house for the longest. But, I never let her. I didn't want her to meet Derrick and she doesn't even know I don't live with my parents. Again, no one does. I used to tell her my parents doesn't allow me to invite friends over to prevent her from coming to my house.

Now my excuse is, "I have work." Which is the truth.

She huffed. "You always have work."

She playfully bumped my shoulder, walking away- probably going to meet her boyfriend, Eli, at the parking lot. I giggled a little and walked to first period when the bell ringed.

"Hey, Jadah!" People greeted me as I walked by. I just casually waved at them with a smile on my face. I don't know how I got popular. People just seemed to like my personality.

Popular girls are usually rude, act bitchy, think they're better than everybody, and cocky as hell. I was the total opposite. Instead, I encouraged them to be the best they can be. I motivate them. I have a blog. I go on it on my free time.

Nothing interesting happened in school today, so when it ended I was gratefully but nervous to go home- afraid in what state Derrick might be in right now. Probably passed out.

I walked back home. School ends at 2 o'clock and I have work at 3:30 to 7 PM. By the time I get home, it'll be around 2:40 and I'll have to quickly change in my uniform and walk to work. Which sucks 'cause I never have time to sleep.

I only work at Walmart on the weekends and I work as a waitress the whole week. When I got home, Derrick was still sleeping. So, I changed and walked to work.

I never have time to sleep. When I get home from work, Derrick's usually drunk and he would do whatever he wants with me and make me go to sleep really late and I have to wake up early in the morning for school.

I clocked in and went to the kitchen. "Hey, Mr. Timbrey," I greeted politely at my boss. He waved at me and went to talk to someone.

Of course I had a long sleeve shirt under my shirt. I tie my hair in a high pony tail since I didn't have time to do that at home since I was running late.

I'm always running late since I don't have a car. I saved up to buy a car once. But somehow, Derrick had found it and stole all of the money I saved up and used it for God knows what. So, I'm stuck to walking.

"Jadah!" My boss yelled at me.

I jump. "Y-Yes, Mr. T-Timbrey."

Anthony Timbrey. He was in his twenties and his father pass this expensive restaurant down to him after passing away. Anthony was not someone you could easily get along with. He doesn't really like me, since I'm kind of always late every day.

"Stop zoning out and get to work." He stated sternly at me. "There's people here that wants to eat so go get their orders." He, then, pointed at me. "If you don't start focusing, it will be taking out of your paycheck."

I nodded quickly and went out. I approached a table, with the notepad and a pen in my hand. "Hi, my name is Jadah and I'll be your waitress for today," I said, kindly. "Are you guys ready to order?"

The girl nodded. She smacked her gum. "Um, I'll get the roast beef and white rice, sweet potatoes, then I want a chocolate cake for desert." I nodded and quickly wrote them down. She sized me. "Why you wearing long sleeve? Aren't you hot?"

I ignored her and turned to the boy that sat in front of her. I'm guessing they were on a date. "What can I get you, sir?"

He looked up at me and I stared at him in awe. He told me what he wanted but I didn't hear him. I was too busy staring.

He was so beautiful. But, I'll never see him again.

.

welp, this is the new story I'm working on :p
Vote and comment what you guys think so far for next chapter ♡