- 24 ▎

• Jadah |'

-

I watch as he walk towards me. He had an angry look on his face as he kept clenching and unclenching his fist. I turned to the side and saw Payton walking away. She didn't look as mad as Trey, she wore more of a guilty face. I look back at Trey. The closer he got to me, the more he tried to hide the fact that he was pissed.

I stood up, fixing my cross bag on my shoulder. "You wanna go home?" I ask him and he just nod. He grab my hand and we started walking back home, quietly.

He didn't speak, so I didn't. I assumed he wasn't ready to tell me what the hell was that all about and what did Payton tell him that made him angry. When we made it back home, he sat on the living room, going through his phone. I stood by the kitchen counter, not knowing what to do.

So, I said, "What made you angry?" He put down his phone and look at me. "What did Payton say to you?"

"I'm not angry." He shrug, and choose to ignore my second question.

"You're not talking to me-"

"Just because I'm not talking to you right now doesn't mean I'm angry, Jadah."

"I just expected you to tell what happened between the two to you, like what did she say to you." I approach him.

"You can't expect me to tell you everything." I heard him mumbling, going through his phone again.

I felt my heart sank. I can't believe he just said that. As my boyfriend, he should feel comfortable telling me everything. I decided to leave it alone before he pisses me off. I walk to my room and lay down on my bed. I started listening to music but soon stopped and drift off to sleep.

•••

I never asked Trey again about what happened after trying the first time. I've ignored him since. It's been two days and he leaves tomorrow. I stuff my face with ice cream as I watch Love and Basketball. I tend to eat a lot and watch a lot of movies when I'm on my feelings. Trey makes me feel like he doesn't trust me and that hurts. What would hurt more is if he leaves without coming to see me.

Overthinking about all of this is giving me a headache. The ice cream wasn't making it any better, but I won't stop eating it. Someone walked in the living room and turned on the lights, causing to groan and quickly closed my eyes. I closed all of the lights and blinds so I could watch movies.

I turned to Kourtney. "What the fuck are you doing?" I scolded at her.

"Do you know what time is it? You've been on this couch since this morning." She walk towards me and I paused the movie. "Its five in the afternoon."

"So?" I scrunched up my face. "I don't have nothing else to do." She took the cookie and cream ice cream from my hand and closed it. "You're pushing it, Kourt."

"Go to Trey." She suggested. "If its bothering you so much."

"Its not." I lied. "And it's obviously not bothering him either since he didn't come see me, so I guess it's not worth it." I mumbled, playing with my nails. "But, I'm fine, I promise."

"No, you're not." She said. "Go talk to him, please. I'll be your maid for a whole week."

I chuckled slightly. "Why does it matter so much to you, Kourtney?"

"Because you two are the cutest and love each other so much, and it'd be sad to see you two separated because y'all both are being stubborn."

I hated when she was right. I tuck a few strands that fell out of my messy bun behind my ear. "Okay, fine, you're right. But, don't worry about being my maid for a week," I laugh a little. "It's what's best anyway."

"Good," We both stood up and she grin. "Just make sure you don't have too much of an attitude with him. I know how you are."

I roll my eyes playfully at her. "Whatever."

On my way there, I was as nervous as ever. My hands were sweating and my heart was beating so fast. What if we end up arguing so bad and we end up breaking up? Or I say the wrong thing and we break up? You see? Overthinking.

I park the car in the driveway and just sat there. I knew he was home, because his car is here. For a second, I almost put the key back in the ignition and leave. But, I sucked it up and got out of the car. I opened the door with the key he gave me and got in. I assumed he was in his room 'cause I didn't see him down here. That's where I headed.

The door was open but he was kneeled down on the floor, packing his suitcase. I gulped. "You were planning on leaving without coming to see me?" I question, sounding hurt.

He startled and turned around. "I was gonna come when I was done."

I let out a silent sigh of relief. We stared at each other for what felt like eternity. I blushed and look down, saying, "Kourtney actually forced me to, um, come here."

I hear him laugh a little. "I'm happy that you came."

He stood up and walk towards me and I backed up. He gave me a confused look. "I'm still mad at you." I tell him. "I feel like you don't trust me enough to tell me everything. If there's something wrong I expect you to tell me so I can help you and be there for you, just like you expect me to."

"I don't expect you to tell me anything." He shrugs.

I close my eyes just for a second and opened them back up. "I just wanna help you, Tremaine. If it's bad, then I'll deal with it. Just tell me."

"Why does it even matter?" He sigh in frustration. "Payton told me some stupid shit that got me mad and that's it. That's all that happened."

I give up. If he don't wanna tell me, I should respect that and understand that it probably is stupid and I'm just overreacting, like I always do. I nod and rub my arm. "Yeah, I'm, um, sorry." I mumble. "It's my fault, I shouldn't be forcing you to tell me something that you don't feel comfortable telling me." I forced a smile. He didn't say anything so I took it as my cue to leave. "Have a safe flight."

My eyes watered and I quickly turned around before he noticed. I need to get it together, this is not worth crying for. I was about to walk away, until he blurt out,

"Payton's pregnant," I turned back around. "And it's mine."

vote and comment for next chapter ♡