- 13 ▎

• Jadah |'

-

"Alex." I shook him. "You have to take me home, right now."

He groaned and rubbed his face. He sat up and looked around. "It's seven already?" He got down from his bed, almost falling. I ran my hand through my hair as my heart raced. He was still half sleep.

"Baby, you have to fully wake up." I panicked. "You have to drive me home."

He looked at his phone. By his sudden panicked face expression, he was fully awake. He quickly threw on his shirt and shoes. I walk out of his room and grab my backpack. I felt like crying. I'm in so much trouble.

I made him stop in the corner of the street. I didn't want him dropping me off in front of my house, knowing I'll probably be in more trouble.

I shook my leg rapidly. "What am I gonna tell my parents?"

He sighed. "I'm really sorry, I should've have fallen asleep and I-"

"No, it's okay. It's not your fault." I caressed his cheek. "I'll figure it out. But, thanks for dropping me."

"You sure you don't want me to come in and tell your parents that you were with me? I don't want to you to-"

I turned his face towards me and kissed him for few second before pulling away. "I'm sure. Goodnight."

"Night, babe."

I got out of his car and hesitated before knocking on the door. I really need a key. At this hour, knocking softly on a door is the loudest noise. My dad opened the door with a stern look on his face.

"Where were you?" He asked, making me get inside. "We were so worried, we thought Derrick had you or something."

"Does that mean y'all sent police to look for me?" I asked.

"We were going to." My mom spoke. "If you hadn't return by tomorrow morning."

"Well, I retuned." I laughed nervously. "So, there's no need for that, right?" I joked. Ugh, bad timing.

I was about to walk away but my dad stopped me. "We'll talk about this in the morning. Get some sleep."

I nodded before walking away to my room. Kourtney was sleeping so I quietly put my bag down and went to bed. I couldn't sleep. I had to think of something to tell them so they can believe me.

-

I threw on something and went to the kitchen. Spring break official start today, explains why I'm not in school. I sat on the stool chair and started eating the sandwich my mom left for me before she went to work. I'm guessing my dad when to work also. Thank God.

"Where the hell were you last night?" Dom walk in the kitchen. "You came home at like four!"

Oh, geez. I was hoping they'd forget about that. I laugh quietly to myself. Who am I kidding? I swallowed my sandwich before correcting my brother, "It was actually around 3:40."

He gave me the look. "You don't joke in situations like these."

I exhaled. "I fell asleep at my friend's house...working on a p-project."

That was partly true.

"Your friend's house?" He questioned. "Who's this friend?"

"You don't know hi- her." I quickly corrected myself. Hopefully he didn't catch it. My phone ringed at the perfect time. Dominique nodded - looks like he bought my story. I picked up my phone. "Goodmorning, Trey."