- 31 ▎

• Jadah |'

-

I removed his hands from my eyes and stepped away from him. I let out a sarcastic laugh and crossed my arms over my chest. "You'll never get out of my life, will you?" I gave him a straight face. "What are you doing here?"

"Well," Derrick smirks. "This is a public place."

I roll my eyes and attempted to walk away but he grabbed my arms. I groan. Can I ever just have a break? My heart aches, I'm extremely tired, and he had to show up. "Let go."

"Look, I just wanna talk to you," He tells. "How about somewhere more private?"

"I'm not stupid." I snatch my arm. "You're violating the restraining order. We have nothing to talk about." I pull out my phone. "Move away from me, or I'll call the police."

He chuckles. "You have two restraining orders against me, by now I would've expected you to know how much I don't give a shit about them. You wouldn't call the police even if you wanted to."

I pressed nine, my finger going over to one. "Don't test me."

"What happened to you?" He laughs a little. "You sound so cold." He raised a brow at me. "What, did ol' boy ended it with you?"

When I didn't answer, he took it as a yes and chortled. I turn to walk away, and once again, he grabs my arm and turned me back around. "Don't make me press the other 1."

He raised his hands up in surrender and I walk away. This time he let me. I bought what I needed and drove home.

•••

"There's no such thing as a perfect relationship." Mom rubbed my back softly. "If it was meant to be, you two will find your way back to each other. We all know he still loves you, and that's never gonna change."

I looked at my mother like she just grew two heads. "Mom, it's been three weeks since we broke up. I'm fine."

She looks at me carefully. "Are you really?"

"Yes," I reassured. "I'm trying to forget about him and you just keep bringing him up." Every day, she comes in my room to make sure I wasn't crying or doing anything stupid. Then, when she realize that I wasn't, she gives me the love talk.

"But, I know you miss him, honey." She said. "Why don't you two just stop being stubborn and talk to each other. It doesn't hurt being just friends."

"No, ma." I shake my head. "This is how relationships in this generation works: starts off as strangers, who becomes friends, who then becomes more than friends, then eventually breaks up, and becomes strangers again."

"That doesn't mean it have to be like that for you," Well, that's how it feels like. "When your father and I were in high school, we loved each other dearly and-" Here we go.

I groan loudly and starts laughing. "Mom!" I whine. "I promise you, I'm fine."

She laughs with me and kiss my cheek. "I love you. okay?"

I nod. "Love you too."

She got up and left my room. My phone buzz again. No surprise it was Derrick. He've been texting me these past few weeks nonstop. I don't know how he got my number and I never reply.

"Jadah, can I pleaaasee borrow you car?" Kourtney came in our room. She looks at me with pleading eyes and a pouty lips. I used to fall for that face all the time.

"So you can crash it?" I raise a brow at her, then shake my head. "No."

She kiss her teeth. "I'm not gonna crash it. Mom lets me drive her car all the time and it's still here, isn't it?"

"Okay, why don't you drive it instead?"

"Because.." She pause. "Yours is more pretty."

"Gotta do better than that." I laugh. "Where the hell are you going anyways? It's almost 9 PM." She didn't respond. I pretented as if I was gonna get up and grab my keys from the nightstand. "Come on, I'll drive you."

"No!" She retorted too quickly. I laid back down and laugh. "This boy I like invited me to his party."

"And you wanna impress him?" I ask. "By showing up in my car?" She hesitated before nodding. "How lame."

She rolls her eyes. "Ever since you broke up with Trey, you became cranky."

Have I? "No, I haven't." She cross her arms over her chest and stared at me. "Fine. Catch." I tossed my keys at her and she caught it. "Don't mess up my car."

"Thank you!" She engulfs me in a tight hug and kiss my cheek.

Soon after she left, my phone started ringing. I groan, thinking it was Derrick calling me. Thinking about that, I need to block him. But, it was Trey. I can't even remember the last time I talked to him. Right when I was about to pick up, he hangs up. He must've called me by accident.

Then, he called again. Maybe not. I picked up before he hangs up again. "Hey bab-" fuck. I clear my throat. "Trey,"

He told me to meet him at the hospital. No matter how many times he tells me he's fine, I still think something happened to him. I quickly sat up and got down from my bed. He told me he'll explain everything when I get there before we both hung up.

My eyes welled up with tears as I quickly change to something more appropriate. Nothing's wrong with him, I reassured myself, he's fine.

Then, I remembered. I just gave Kourt my car. I walk out of my room and quickly walk to mom's room, but she wasn't there. When I walk out of the house, her car wasn't in the driveway either. I guess I'm walking. Well, I jogged.

I was afraid of what I would see when I get there. But, I don't care if I don't have a car to get there, God gave me two legs for a reason. I didn't want Trey to sleep at the hospital by himself. If there was something wrong with him. I mentally laugh. The things love makes you do.

When I saw him pacing in the waiting room, I threw myself at him and hugged him tightly. "Are you okay?" I caress his cheek.

He nods. "Its Payton," He started. "When I went to drop Bri off at her house, I found her passed out and her nose was bleeding. She haven't woken up ever since we got here."

My heart dropped. No, not Payton. She have a baby she needs to be here for. She can't leave her. I silently prayed that she was alright. I noticed Bri was laying in her stroller, sucking on her thumb.

"Did you run here?" He noticed my chest going up and down rapidly.

I nod and chuckles softly. "I thought something was wrong with you."

"I told you I was fine on the phone." We sat down.

"That still didn't stop me from worrying." I admit and he smiles at me.

I broke our eye contact when I noticed a doctor walking towards us with a serious expression plastered on his face. "Payton Jenkins?" Trey and I nods and waited to hear what he had to say.

"Well, she's still not awake," He informs us. "Ms. Jenkins have pancreatic cancer, and she needs to go under treatment immediately, that's if she wants to."

vote and comment for next chapter ♡
- payton (Lauren London) and trey on MM.

* if you're wondering why I haven't been updating like I used to is because i've been more focused on my arts than writing.

* this book is almost over :)

Happy Holidays ! ♡♡◇◇