- 14 ▎

• Jadah |'

-

I stood up and walk away. I thought it was supposed to be the two of us, enjoying spring break together. She's only gonna be here for two days - I reminded myself. Apparently she came down here to visit her dad and decided to come spend some time with Trey.

I rolled my eyes. Didn't she see him yesterday before he traveled? I look up from my phone when I heard Trey's footsteps. I look back down. He came and sat in front of me.

"I won't let her come if you don't want her to."

"Then, I'll be the bad guy, right?" I chuckled. "She's your girlfriend, Trey. It's up to you."

"Please be nice to her." He took my hand in his.

I pulled my hands away. "Depends on her attitude towards me."

Right after I said that, the doorbell rung. He got up and went to open it for her. I watched as she hug and kiss him. Jealousy rushed through me - so I look away.

"Payton, this is Jadah." He pointed at me and I just waved at her. "And Jadah, she's Payton."

"Nice to meet you." She smiled at me.

"Yeah, you too." I mumbled.

Trey went to show her around. I told Alex I was gonna come over soon. I don't wanna be in the middle of them. I'll just give them their time alone. Moments later when Trey came back down, he sat back in front of me.

"Lemme guess," I started. "I have to sleep in the guest room so she could get to sleep with you tonight."

"No-"

"Whatchu mean no," I chuckled sarcastically. "The three of us can't sleep on the same bed, Trey. She'll be mad if she finds out that you and I are sleeping on the same bed and she have to sleep in the guest room."

He sighed. "She's gonna have to deal with it."

I shook my head. "I'll just stay at Alex's until she leaves. Matter of fact, do you mind dropping me off?"

I stood up and he quickly stood up also, grabbing my wrist before I get a chance to walk away to make an overnight bag. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Acting like what?"

"Are you jealous?" He asked.

"Jealous? Why would I be jealous?" I questioned. "I-I just don't wanna be here while she's here, Tremaine." I shrugged. "Are you gonna be able to drop me at his house?"

He shook his head in disapproval. "There's no way I'm letting you stay at Alex's house."

"Okay, whatever." I waved him off. "I'll just tell him to pick me up later."

"Baby, you're still here?" Payton came walking down the stairs. "I thought you left already."

"Oh, right, I forgot." He chuckled and grabbed his keys. "Lemme go before I forget." Trey turn to me. "Imma go buy her some chipotle real quick, I'll be right back."

I nodded before he walked out. It was then I realized Payton and I were alone. I grab one of the magazines that was near by and opened it - it was about sport and stuff. I mentally groaned. Boring.

"You don't have to act like your reading to avoid me." She said, walking in the kitchen.

"Oh, I'm not acting." I muttered.

"He likes you, you know that?" She spoke again. "It's obvious."

I laughed a little. "No, he doesn't. He's head over heels about you."