- 32 ▎

• Jadah |'

-

So, she refused treatment.

Yeah, I can't believe it either. Trey and I talked to her several times but she keep saying how she didn't wanna waster her time on treatment if there's a fifty percent chance that it might not work. I reminded her about Abrielle, and how not having her biological mother alive might even affect her future.

"She'll be fine," She softly touched my arm. When I looked down, I remembered how pale it looked and how cold it felt. How her mother disappeared as soon as she heard her daughter have cancer. How much weight she've lost. How broken my heart is, because I know if I was in her place, I'd do anything to survive. If I didn't make it, at least my daughter would know I fought as hard as I could. "She'll have you."

"You can't do this." I cried. Payton and I haven't known each other for long. In fact, I started out being jealous of her. Because she was dating the man I was in love with. The man I'm in love with. "Please, Payton, let them help you."

"I never told anyone this but," She sat up, leaning her back against the headboard. "My grandmother died from pancreatic cancer and I always knew there was a chance I'd have it. So, I prepared myself for the worst."

"Payton, you're only 22 years old." How can she not see where we're all coming from? How can she not want treatment? "You still have a long way to go."

"Everything happens for a reason." That's all she told me. So, I didn't push her any further. Her mind was set.

But, that was six months ago. And there's nothing we could do now. She made her choice because that's what she felt like was best. Of course, we disagreed. As a friend of mine, I'd hate to watch her go six feet under the ground.

I can't imagine if it was my mom or a close family member in her place. Or Trey. I'd be devastated. After Janelle, she was about the only female friend I had, and trusted.

I lean my head against Trey. Any contact with him makes me feel like everything was gonna be okay. He intertwine his fingers with mines and brought our hands to his lips, planting a kiss on the back of my hand. On his other arm, he carried Abrielle.

Part of me was relieved she didn't know what was going on. When she gets older, she wont remember. She won't remember being surrounded by these people, dressed in black, watching her own mother buried six feet underground.

•••

Trey and I sold her house for a pretty good price. I help Trey out whenever I can with Abrielle. By whenever I can, I mean pretty much everyday. It feels like the first time again. The first time we fell in love. The first time I felt sparks whenever I make contact with him or when I felt butterflies whenever I'm around him.

"I'm glad you two are together again." My mom walks in my room.

"We're not together," I clarify, putting another shirt inside my Louis Vuitton travel bag. "I just wanna help him out, you know? Payton died and her mom left, so I feel like I'm the only one that can help him."

"And where are you planning on going?" Dom plop himself on my bed, making all of my folded pants fall from the bed. I shot him a glare and he laughs picking them up. He lifts up one of my Nike short shorts. "Whereever you're going, you don't need to bring this." He tossed it on Kourtney's bed.

"I don't remember asking help packing." I roll my eyes at him.

"Packing to go where, honey?" Mom asks, putting her blonde hair in a bun.

"I just wanna spend a few days at Trey's to help him with Abrielle." I tell them.

"Help him with Abrielle, huh?" Mom laughs, making her way out of my room. "Yeah, okay."

"You don't need those shorts to help him with Abrielle," Dom pulls another one out of my bag. He throws that one on Kourtney's bed also before looking over at my closet. "Look, I think I see some nice church pants you can wear at Trey's."

I kiss my teeth. "Why are you so annoying?"

"I'm not your big brother for no reason." He grins at me. "Also, Trey don't need to be seeing you in them booty shorts yet."

"Yet? We've had sex before!" I blurt out, in which I immediately regretted as soon as it left my lips. I watch as his grin fades and he quickly got up.

"Y'all did what?" He exhaled sharply.

"What's the big deal?" I laugh, almost nervously. Dom doesn't play when it comes to that with me and Kourtney. "We love each other and it felt right."
"You promised me you'd wait after marriage." He said, in a firm tone.

"Not every promises were meant to be kept and what's the big deal, you lost your virginity at sixteen." I quickly grab the two shorts he threw at Kourtney's bed and stuff them in my bag. "Bye now."

I rushed out of the room before he starts asking questions. When I arrived at Trey's house, I realized there was a white car parked in his driveway. I knew it wasn't his, because he parks his two cars in his large garage. He bought a new BMW last month.

I opened the door with the key he gave me long time ago, which I thought he'd take back since we're not together anymore, but he never did. When I saw who the car belonged to, I almost went straight back home. I really didn't think I'd see her again. But, who am I kidding?

"Ms. April." I gave her a fake smile when she saw me. "How you've been?" Trey's mom roll her eyes at me and my fake smile became a frown. At least I tried being nice. "I see your irrelevant hatred towards me grew."

Trey grab my hand and led me outside. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know she was coming."

"I can go back home, I don't wanna interrupt anything." I tell him. "She probably wants to spend time with you."

"I'd rather have you here than her."

"You can't choose me over your own mother."

He got closer to me. "We already talked about this last time you met her. I already know who I want, and if she have a problem with that, then I guess she'll have to deal with it." He caress my cheek with the pad of his thumb. "Just please, don't let her get to you."

I nod and he smile at me. He went back inside and I followed after him. Ms. April stood up with Abrielle in her arms. "She's very beautiful, Trey. I'm so sorry about her mother." She kiss her cheek before putting her in her playpen.

"Yeah," Trey sigh and I didn't realize we were holding hands until I felt his thumb stroking the back of my hand. My heart fluttered.

Ms. April looked down at our hands and she frowns. "You two didn't get back together, did you?" She questions. Trey let go of my hand and shook his head. "Good," She smiles. "'Cause I have somebody I want you to meet, back in Vegas. I think you'll love her."

"I think Trey is fine here and doesn't need to meet someone else. Thank you for trying," My jealousy got the best of me.

"I don't think I asked for your two cents." She chuckles. "I have somebody much better for him. Someone that he deserves." She then looks at Trey. "I don't know what the hell were you thinking dating her. She depends on you too much and you need somebody much, much better than her."

Trey said nothing, but let out a sarcastic laugh. He leans his back against the wall and cross his muscular arms over his chest. I look back at him and he just smirked at me. I gave him an apologetic look before stepping toward Ms. April.

I know he said not to let her get to me, but I can't help it. She tried it. It's probably not polite to get into an adult's face. But, fuck being polite. She's being childish.

"You don't know Trey like I do, and that's a shame, 'cause that's your fucking son. He doesn't need you looking for a girlfriend or a future wife for him. You're wasting your time - he already found her. He'll choose me over every girl you throw his way, because he loves me. More than you think. We might've broken up," I got closer to her face. "But, Trey will always be mine, and that's never gonna change."

vote and comment for next chapter ♡
RIP Payton Jenkins ♡

Happy Holidays!