- O9 ▎

• Jadah |'

-

I picked at my food, refusing to make eye contact with Derrick - or anyone at the table for that matter. What do I do in a situation like this? I have a restraining order but my family doesn't know that.

"Jadah, why aren't you eating?" My mom asked me.

I look up, still avoiding eye contact from Derrick, and look at my mom. "I'm not really hungry."

"Well, your gonna have to eat something." Dad shrugged.

"I'll eat later." I stood up and grabbed my plate. "Excuse me."

I went to the kitchen and covered my food, putting it inside the fridge. I walk outside and closed the front door behind me. I sat on the sidewalk, wrapping my arms around my knees. When I smelled his scent behind me, my heart raced and I was almost afraid to turn around.

"Did he dump you? Is that why you came back?" He chuckled deeply.

"Pardon?" I decided to stand up.

"You heard me." He took a step forward as I took a step back. "Now, if you think a restraining order will stop me from going after you, you are truly mistaken."

"What do you want from me, huh, Derrick?" I threw my hands up. "You can have any other pretty girl you want, why you choose to torture and abuse me?"

"Because I enjoy it." He smiled.

I shook my head and was about to walk away but he gripped my arm, forcefully pulling me back. I winced as he squeezed my arm harder.

"If you ever tell your family about this, I will kill you in a heartbeat." He whispered in my ear. He grabbed my chin and turned my face. He pressed his lips against mine and I refused to kiss him back. He pulled away. "And we're back together."

He let go of me and walk away. I pulled up my sleeve, seeing the mark of his fingers on my arm. I pulled it back down before walking back in the house and him following closely behind me.

I was about to walk away to my room but he pulled me back. "And you're gonna show respect."

He basically drag me into the dinning room, but my family didn't notice a thing. I sat on my previous seat and just listen to their conversation.

"I'm so glad you guys are still together," My mom smiled. "You guys are perfect for each other. Welcome to the family, Derrick."

Derrick smirked at me. "Thank you, Mrs. Bird. It's really an honor. I love your daughter so much, that I see a future with her."

My mom grin. "I'm really happy to hear that."

I mentally rolled my eyes. Dominique glared at Derrick. Derrick noticed and shifted uncomfortable. He looked a bit nervous. Is he scared of my brother?

My phone vibrated on my lap. I look down as it lit up and notified me that I have a message from Trey.

Trey "It's so quiet without you here :/"

I smiled and replied, "Invite Melanie."

"Who got you smiling like that?" Kourtney giggled.

I quickly looked up and locked my phone. I shrugged nonchalantly, "Just a friend back in Vegas."

When we were done with dinner, I helped Kourtney and Dominique clean the table. In the corner of my eyes, I saw Derrick approach my mom, "Is it okay if I take Jadah out tonight? I promise I'll bring her back tomorrow morning." I heard him say.

Please say no.

"Sure," She responded and I rolled my eyes. "Bring her before nine. We gotta register her to a new school."

Derrick appeared behind me and grabbed my waist, kissing my cheek. "C'mon, I'm taking you somewhere."

"I don't wanna go." I told him. "I just got here and I'm tired. I just want some sleep."

He tighten his hands on my hip and I winced. "I want you to come with me." He whispered dangerously in my ear.

"Please don't do this couple shit here." Kourtney giggled. "Y'all gonna make me want a boyfriend." I did a fake smile. If only she knew.

Before I could say anything, my phone started ringing. I took it out of pocket and it was Trey that was calling me. Derrick let go of me, since everybody was looking at me because of the noise my phones caused. I stepped out in the backyard and answered it.

"How was your flight?"

"Trey, I can't take it." My voice trembled as I held back my tears. "He wants to take me somewhere tonight and m-my mom is letting him. He- He's gonna hurt me."

I heard him sigh. "I'll take the first flight to New York first thing in the morning."

"You don't have to do that." I sat on the grass and ran my hand through my hair in frustration. "Just tell me what to do, please." I begged.

"Hit him where it hurts." He said. "Then, run."

•••

I opened the front door, tired from lack of sleep. After kicking Derrick in his manhood last night, I ran so far and hid somewhere he wouldn't know where I was at. Somewhere I assumed he wouldn't look for me there. He was planning on raping me last night. I probably look a mess.

My mom gasped and ran towards me. "Jade! What happened to your face?!"

With my eyes barely opened, I weakly retorted, "What? Nothing happened."

"You can't have a bruise on your face and a black eye and tell me nothing happened." Dominique approached me with anger taking over him.

"Where's Derrick?" Mom asked. "Did he drop you off here?"

"Can I please get some sleep?" I kind of whined, avoiding their questions. "I'll tell you what happened later when I wake up, I promise." A promise I wasn't gonna keep.

I walked away when I felt like they have allowed me to go through. I slowly laid down on my bed and fell asleep. Three hours later, when I woke up, I felt a presence in my room. A scent that didn't belong to Kourtney.

I did a small smile. "I told you, you didn't have to come here."

"Well, I was never the one to follow orders." Trey shrugged and sat on the edge of my bed. He rubbed my back. "How you feeling?"

I shrugged. "Still a bit shaken up."

I made him wait in my room while I go take a shower and brush my teeth. I came back with sweats and a black thin long sleeve shirt.

"Take off your shirt." He demanded.

I exhaled before taking it off, leaving me in my sport bra. He stood up and touched the new purple bruise that was on my stomach. Probably when Derrick punched me in my stomach last night before I kicked him.

I winced when he put a bit of pressure on it. "Stop, it hurts." I whispered.

"You have to tell your parents," He begged. "This can't keep happening."

"No." My eyes watered. "No. He'll k-kill me."

"No, he won't." He said. "I'll make sure of that. If your family know, they'll make sure of that too. You're doing yourself a favor."

I stayed silence, knowing he was right. He gave me back my shirt but I put it back on my bed. "I'm gonna tell them. I want you to come with me."

He nodded and I walked in the living room, where they were all watching a movie with the lights off. I remember those days. I opened the lights and Trey went to sit next to Kourtney. They all turned to me and my voice caught up in my throat.

Dominique abruptly stood up, angry for the second time this morning. "Who the fuck did this to you?!"

"Derrick abuses me." I confessed.

vote and comment for next chapter ♡
IG / Twitter @shxnnia