- O6 ▎

• Jadah |'

-

I ran my hand through my hair for the thousandth time as I sat on Trey's couch, staring into space. Trey sat across me, waiting for me to tell him what's been going on. Derrick's at the hospital and the polices are doing the whole interrogation and investigation thing tomorrow morning.

I look at Trey, he had a cut on his lower lip and a few small scratches on his face. I instantly started feeling bad. I sighed loudly.

"You have cut on your lip." I mumbled.

"I don't care." He shrugged slightly. "Tell me."

"I'm not ready to tell anyone my story, Trey." I look down. "We just met like two weeks ago and I-"

He stood up and simply said, "Yeah."

He walked away in the kitchen, pulling out a water bottle from the fridge. I stood up also, following him. "I didn't mean to make you mad."

"Well you did." He muttered. "Who knew what could've happened if I didn't walk in that house. I came to see how you were doing and I heard yelling and luckily the door was open-" Derrick had a habit of slamming doors, especially the front one, and forgetting to lock them. "-and I walk into that room and he basically stepping all over you. I saved you, Jadah, yet I still don't know what I'm saving you from."

"And I thank you for that, Trey. I just want you to respect my decision on not telling you until I'm ready." I threw my hands up. "Please."

"Ight, whatever." He shrugged.

I nodded slightly. "Where do I sleep?"

"I'll show you the guest room." He closed the kitchen light and I followed him upstairs.

I don't know why I felt a bit disappointed. Part of me wanted to sleep with him, so I can feel safe and protected. But, he's mad at me so I understand.

"It have a bathroom connected to it, I'll get you one of my shirt to sleep in."

I nod and mumble, "Thanks."

"You can give me your clothes and I'll wash it for you for tomorrow."

I nod once again and he walk out, closing the door after him. I sighed and dropped myself on the bed. Tears starting falling out my eyes, as I couldn't help but wonder what's gonna happen to me next. Derrick will probably kill me the next time he sees me.

The door opened and I quickly got up and wiped my face. I took the shirt from him and muttered a thank you.

"Are you gonna be okay?"

"Uh, yeah." I wiped my eyes. It's been worst, I wanted to say but I kept my mouth shut.

"Goodnight." He mumbled, walking out.

Is he that mad at me?

"He t-told me to, um, go to my job and steal all the m-money they had." I told the police officer after he had asked me to tell him everything that had happened. "And he just started hitting me."

I looked at Trey as he clenched his jaws in anger. I look back at the officer and he ask, "Has he hit you before?"

I gulped and look down, feeling my eyes get watery. Trey lightly nudged me and I look back up. I nodded. "Yeah,"

"Do you have proof? We can't really do anything but give him a restraining order if you don't have proof that he had actually hit you before."

My heart raced as I look down at my arms. I can't believe I'm about to do this. I hesitated before slowly pushing my sleeves up, showing my scars and bruises.

"He-He did t-this to me." I said quietly. "That's only half of it." I didn't wanna make eye contacts at Trey. I felt his eyes on me and I suddenly felt insecure. I put my sleeves down and rubbed my arm.

"I think for now we'll just give him a restraining order, because we don't know for sure if he's the one that did those to you-"

I got angry. "Are you saying that I did this to myself? What the hell is wrong with y'all? You guys say how much y'all wanna "help" people but here I am seeking for help and you're basically telling me you can't do anything about it."

Trey grabbed my hand, calming me down. "A restraining order is fine, Officer. I'll make she's not out of my sight."

I rolled my eyes and signed a few papers. Trey drove us back to his house. I sat in the living room, not really knowing what to do.

"You know, you can't blame me for being curious."

I look up and saw him leaning against the wall behind him. "I know, I'm sorry."

He made me food moments later after I confirmed that I was hungry. I never ate that much when I lived with Derrick. I can't even cook, explains why I'm not the chef but the waitress. Since Derrick took me away from my parents, I didn't learn anything important such as cooking.

I wonder how they were doing. I smiled a little as I ate my spaghetti. I wonder how my brother and my sister was doing. After Derrick made write them a note- telling them not to come looking for me, that I was tired of living with them- I guess they never bothered and respected my "wishes".

The doorbell rung, snapping me out of my thoughts. Trey got up and went to open the door. The girl that made Mr. Timbrey snap at me for staring her "Boyfriend" at the restaurant walked in.

I got up and put my empty plate and cup in the sink and washed it. I went and sat in the living room again.

"What are you doing here?" I heard Trey ask her in an annoyed tone. "I didn't tell you to come over."

"I missed you silly." She giggled, pecking his cheek. Her giggled soon turned into a frown once she saw me. "What is she doing here? Are you cheating on me, Tremaine?"

"Get out, Kat." Trey exhaled. "I'm not in the mood for this shit."

She raised her hand, attempting to slap him but Trey caught her hand before it reached his face.

She did a fake pouting face. "C'mon, babe. We never hung out anymore since you started hanging with her."

I cleared my throat. "I'm sitting right here."

Trey pointed to the door, "We can hang out tomorrow with Jadah, or we can just stop seeing each other."

"What does she have to be there?" Kat whined.

"Because I want her to be there, now please, leave." He said calmly.

When she left, slightly slamming the door behind her, I stood up and approached Trey. "Why didn't you?"

He gave me a perplexed expression. "Why didn't I what?"

"Hang out with her." I shrugged.

"When I said I wouldn't let out of my sight," He started. "I meant it."

I chuckled a little. "I'll be fine, you know. I'm used to it." I shrugged, like it was nothing.

He embraced me. "You shouldn't be."

•••

I knocked on his door. Once he told me to come in, I quietly opened the door and walked in. I pulled down his shirt a little, it reached mid-thigh. He stared at me and raised a brow.

"I can't sleep."

He laughed a little and patted the space next to him. "Lay with me."

I did as told, but instead of laying down, I leaned my back against the headboard. I felt his hand feeling up and down on my right thigh. I look down and figured out that he was just feeling the long scar that stopped on my knee.

"Why you never told anyone?" He asked, softly.

"Derrick told me if I ever told anyone about it, he would kill me and the person I told." I shrugged slightly. "And I was scared and insecure."

"Was?" He asked. "What changed?"

I met you.

vote and comment for next chapter ♡
IG | @shxnnia |