- 35 ▎

• Jadah |'

-

I walk into my house, running my hand through my curls in frustration. My parents noticed my tear stains on my cheeks and my mom quickly came over to me. "Honey, what's wrong?" She led me to the couch. "Did you and Trey break up again?"

I shook my head. "Trey got arrested."

This got my dad's attention. "Why did he get arrested?"

My throat is so dry, my voice sounds raspy. "We, um, met up with Derrick..." I told them exactly what happened. After they questioned me, the police officer requested that I go home and they sent Derrick to the hospital to get checked out.

"Tremaine got himself into this situation," My dad spoke in a firm tone. "I will not allow you to see him, nor will he step foot into this house."

"You're acting like he doesn't have his own mansion." When I am angry, I do not control what I say. I almost apologized for saying that but at this point, I didn't even care. "I'm twenty-one, you cannot tell me who I can and cannot see."

"Jadah." My mom warned me.

"Are you actually gonna trust him after this? What makes you think he won't start abusing you after this?"

"Trey will never lay his hands on me." I snapped. "He is nothing like Derrick." I defended my boyfriend.

"What makes you so sure?" Dad laughs.

I sigh out of frustration. "I don't wanna be disrespectful towards you, Dad, but when it comes to the love of my life, I don't need you to be apart of it."

"Jade, your father is just trying to protect you. Trey sent Derrick to the hospital, we don't want the same thing to happen to you. We love you very much and we don't wanna see more scars on you than you already do." Mom approach me.

I went upstairs to my room and found Abrielle sleeping on my bed with pillows around her. Kourtney and Dom looked at me when I walked in. I gently picked up Bri and walk back out, without saying anything. I walk out the front door to Trey's car. I put Bri in her car seat and I went to the driver's seat afterwards. I drove to Trey's house.

After I put Abri in her nursery when I got to his house, I just sat in his large living room with the TV on. My phone rang soon after.

"Hello?" My voice still sounded raspy.

"Well, you don't sound too happy to hear from me." I took my phone away from my ear and looked at the ID caller. I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Alex," My voice slightly lit up. "Hey, haven't heard from you in a minute. How are you?"

"Doing better. Everything okay?"

I debated whether or not if should tell him what happened. I don't wanna tell him and he ends up telling me how Trey might end up thinking it's okay to hit me. Like dad just told me. "Everything's fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I-I'm sure."

"Come over." He said, "I need to see you."

"I can't," I tell him. "I have to look after Abrielle and I literally just got here and you want me to drive again?" I whined.

"I'll come pick you up."

"I told you I have to look after Trey's daughter, and she's sleeping."

"Hold on, I'll call you back." He hung back.

I stared at my phone weirdly before letting out a weak laugh. I can't take it anymore. Trey not being here. I don't even know where they brought him and they wouldn't let me go. I just hope he isn't charged with anything.