- 27 ▎

• Jadah |'

-

Payton's mother, which I found out that her name is Erica Jenkins, held Abrielle in her arms repeatedly kissing her soft looking cheeks. Abrielle was the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. She have adorable, big, brown eyes and short curly hair on top of her head. I almost wanted to grab her and squeeze her.

My eyes darted over at Payton. She looked exhausted and relieved. Mrs. Jenkins handed the baby to Trey, who instantly smiled at her. She looked at me and said, "I need to talk to you outside."

I look back at Trey in a confused look, then back at her. "Okay." Trey gave me the relax look. But I couldn't help it, the look she carried was one I wasn't sitting well with. I followed her when she stepped out of the room. "Is everything okay?"

"I understand that this must be hard for you but you also need to understand that Abrielle and Payton is gonna need Trey's attention twenty-four/seven." Okay? "The fact that Trey left Payton for you after getting her pregnant is not okay with me and I need you to step back."

I chuckle. "Is that what she told you?"

"What she told me doesn't matter, Ms. Bird. You need to—"

"Trey didn't leave Payton for me. Payton left him because she thought Trey and I would be a better couple." I informed her. "Payton never told Trey she was pregnant till recently. And yes, I do know from now on I'm not gonna be with Trey all the time like I use to. I'll just have to deal with it."

"Good." She gave me me a fake smile. She was about to walk back in the room but she stopped and looked back at me. "And please, stay away from Abrielle."

She went back inside and this time I didn't follow her back in. Since, apparently Payton's mom didn't like me, I felt like I wasn't invited back in. I walk back in the sitting room and sat in my previous seat.

"Babe, wake up." I heard Trey's voice speaking to me. I opened my eyes and look around. I must've fallen back asleep. I sat myself straight and looked at the clock on wall nearby. It was eleven. "We're going home, come on."

I stood up. I was so tired. We walk to the parking lot and I saw Mrs. Jenkins helping Payton get inside the car.  When she noticed me, she glared at me and it was then I remembered our conversation from three hours earlier. I broke away our eye contact and look at Trey.

He gave me his keys. "Here, you can take my car."

I frown. "You're not coming?"

He shook his head. "I'm going to Payton's and make sure everything is alright and help her out with the baby and stuff."

"Oh, okay." I nod.

He stroke my right cheek and stare at me. "Are you sure this is all okay?"

"Y-Yeah, of course." I reassured him though I wasn't even sure myself. But, I don't have a choice. I have to be okay with this. He never cheated on me.

I have to be okay with this.

"I love you." He pressed his lips against mine. We kissed for a few seconds before we both pulled away.

"I love you too." I smile at him. I walk to his car, which was right across Payton's. I turned back and notice he was looking at me, waiting for me to get in the car and drive off before he could go. I got in the car and started the engine. While driving away, I looked in the side view mirror and saw him going to Payton's car.

"You haven't talked to me in a while," Dom told me, plopping down on my bed. I was just laying there, staring at ceiling. I couldn't stop thinking about my conversation with Mrs. Jenkins. "What's going on?"

I shrug. "Nothing."

"C'mon," He nudged me. "You don't just lay here and stare at nothing if something wasn't bothering you."

"I'm staring at the ceiling."

"Jade." He said firmly.

"Trey's daughter was born yesterday." I tell him. "And the grandmother wants me to stay away. She feels like its my fault Payton doesn't have a "perfect" family, where the parents are together. I am not just gonna hand Trey over to Payton just because that's her child's father."

"Well, my girlfriend's parents' not so fund of me either." He chuckled. "They think I'm playing her—"

I quickly sat up and grinned at him. "Girlfriend?!" He nods like I was supposed to know. I took my pillow and hit him with it. "You never told me!"

"Eight months."

"Eight?!" My eyes widened. "Is that why you wanted to move out? You guys live together?"

"Yeah," He nodded. "Her name's Brianna."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "You never told me this shit. But, I guess we both going through the same thing," I laugh a little. "Trey's mom don't like me either." Before he could say anything, my phone started ringing and it was Trey. "Hey,"

"Meet me outside." He tells me.

I said okay before putting on my slides and walk out of the room, after telling Dom I'll be back. I opened the door and he was leaning against his car, waiting on me. I chuckle and cross my arms over my chest. "You know, you could've texted."

Taking me by surprise, he grab my face and pressed his lips against mine. I kiss him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. As if we weren't close enough, he pressed me harder against his body and deepened the kiss. I pull away, biting his bottom lip.  

I smile. "What was that for?"

"I love you, okay?" He told me and I nod. "I never left Payton after knowing she was pregnant to get with you. If I knew—"

I peck his lips. "I believe you."

"Payton's mom told me what she told you. Don't believe a word she tells you. You will always have my attention. There's not a second that goes by I don't think about you. "

I hid my face on his chest, hiding the fact that I was blushing extremely hard and hugged him in the process. "I love you so much."

•••

I found out earlier that Janelle is in New York for a short period of time. She's planning on going back to LA next week. I decided to go see her at the hotel she's currently in. I've only been here for about fifteen minutes and we're just catching up.

"Do you see a future with him?" She looked at me curiously before putting a spoon of ice cream in her mouth. I just told her what happened yesterday - Payton giving birth, her mom, Trey coming over afterwards.

I smile and I was positive I was red as a tomato. "Of course. He's everything I ever wanted. Who knew I'd find him so soon."

"Do you ever think it's too good to be true?" She ask again.

"I feel like I'm being interviewed," I giggle. "But, I don't know. No?" Is it too good to be true?

"One more question though," Janelle laughs and I groan a little. I wanted to hear about her and her new "boo". We've been talking about me since I stepped in the hotel room. "Are you really okay with all of this though?" She ask in a serious tone. "With Payton and Trey having to spend most of the times with each other?"

The smile I wore few minutes ago instantly turn to a frown. I pushed a few hairs behind my ear and look down at my fingers. I felt my eyes filled up with water. I shake my head. "No."

We stayed quiet for a moment until when placed a hand on knee and said softly, "You have to tell him. You have to tell him how you feel."

That's when the tears fell. Why was I crying? I was okay with it few weeks ago - well, at least that's what I wanted to believe. That's what I wanted to feel. I wanted to be okay with all of this but I knew deep down I wasn't.

"I can't." I cried. "I don't wanna hurt him."

vote and comment for next chapter ♡
should she tell him?.-.