- O7 ▎

• Jadah |'

-

It's been two since I've been living with Trey. Two weeks since I've seen Derrick and since I've been abused. As much as I'd like to say I'm getting comfortable living Trey, I really wasn't. It feels like I'm intruding his life and I suddenly worry if I'm asking for too much. Plus, having that Melanie chick coming every chances she got because she knows I kind of live with Trey now is quite annoying.

I need to find an apartment.

I pulled my hair up in a high bun and descended down the stairs from the guest room. I walk in the kitchen and froze. I quickly turn around after staring as his body. He was in his boxers, looking for something inside the fridge.

I heard him chuckle. My cheeks turned red in embarrassment. "Sorry, I-I didn't mean to walk in on you."

He laughed slightly. "This is a kitchen, Jade, not a bathroom. It's my fault for walking around like this."

I turned back around and walk in the kitchen. "What were you looking for?"

"What the hell is going on here?" Her annoying, high-pitched voice, asked. "Where are your clothes, Trey? I don't want you to walk around like that around her. Who knows what she might do!"

I gasped, but decided to keep calm.

Trey shrugged. "It's not your choice, Mel."

"Do you mind if I use your laptop?" I asked Trey and he nodded.

I walk past Melanie, who gave me a stank look. I went back upstairs to Tremaine's room and opened his laptop. This is the second time I've used his laptop. I sat on the edge of his bed and place the laptop on my lap. I went on a few websites, looking for an apartment near my job, so maybe I won't have to walk so much.

Few moments later, Trey walk in the room. I took a quick glance at him, then back at the laptop. "You left Melanie down there?"

"Nah," He moved the bed when he got on it to lay down. I held the laptop with a firm grip so it wouldn't fall. "I made her leave."

I nod.

"What are you doing?"

I shrugged slightly. "Looking for an apartment."

"An apartment?" He sat up. He did not sound amused. "Why? You don't like living with me?"

"It's not that, I mean, I love living with you," I tucked the piece of curl that fell out of my bun behind my ear. "I just feel like I'm bothering you."

"You're not bothering, Jade." He told me. "I actually love having company here."

"You had company, Trey, but you made her leave." I turned to look at him.

"Let me correct myself," He cleared his throat. "I love having your company here."

"I know, I'm sorry."

He shook his head in disappointment and got up from the bed. Walking towards his bathroom, he mumbled, "Yeah, whatever."

I closed the laptop, setting it on his desk. I'll finish this on my phone later. I walk to the guest room and dropped myself on the bed. My phone ringed. I groaned and picked with up without looking at the ID. "Hello?"

"Ms. Bird, this is Anthony Timbrey-" I pulled the phone out of my ear and check the ID caller. Boss, it read.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you could do a shift tonight, I'll pay extra."

I rolled my eyes. "Y-Yeah, sure."

"Alright, see you at 7."

Before I could at least say bye, he hung up. Why didn't I tell him I was busy? I checked the time and it had just turned 11 AM. What should I do? I didn't have any hobbies. Besides getting abused, work, and school, I never did anything.

"Are you mad at me?" I sat next to Trey when I decided to go downstairs. I sat criss-cross, facing him. I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear as he acted as if he didn't hear me or acknowledge my presence. I chuckled. "You're ignoring me, okay."

I was about to get up and walk in the kitchen to prepare some food but stopped when he said, "I'm not mad at you, It's your decision."

"C'mon, Trey." I chuckle again. "Don't give me that bullshit."

He gave me his attention. "I just think that moving by yourself knowing Derrick's not in jail is a bad idea."

"But, I have a restraining order." I whined.

"Who said it's gonna stop him from coming after you?" He raised a brow. I nodding that he had a point. "So, you can either stay with so I can know your safe. Or..."

I raised my eyebrows this time. "Or?"

"Or go back to your parents. I'm assuming you didn't live with them." He observed me after saying that.

My heart dropped and I look down at my nails. "My parents..." I trailed. "I-I can't. What am I gonna tell them when I see them?"

"Tell them the truth."

"I was fifteen..." I started. I decided on telling him the whole truth. "When Derrick and I started dating - he was seventeen. When I turned 16, he started abusing me after making me tell my parents that I didn't love them, I wasn't happy with them and other stuff like that so when I "runaway", they wouldn't come looking for me. Derrick forced me to lie to them to leave with him."

"You didn't have to do it." Trey said softly. "Why did you?"

"I love him." I shrugged shamelessly. "And I was afraid if I didn't do it, I would loose him because at that time, he was the best person ever. I felt pressured. So, I left with him - which was obviously a stupid decision. He made me work to basically take care of him. When I get paid, he would take the money and do whatever. He insulted and hurt me in every possible ways he can. So, I lost hope - and my self esteem."

"That's why you wear long sleeves so much?" He asked and I nodded. "You know, you don't have to wear one around me. I already know what's going on."

I shook my head and pulled the sleeves of thew sweater. "They're ugly and embarrassing."

"You won't get anymore, I promise you that."

"So, now you know my story." I did a small smile. "By the way, I lied to you about having a car. I've never had one, I have to walk everywhere I need to go. I only told you that it was getting fixed so you wouldn't make fun of me."

"Why'd you think I'd make fun of you?" He furrows his eyebrows.

I shrug and look down at my fingers. "Because people now a days makes fun of a another because they can't afford something that they can. For not having enough."

"Well, I'm not like that."

"I didn't say you were," I look at him. "It was the first time you gave me a ride when it was raining. I looked at your car and your clothes and I felt low."

He chuckled. "I don't want you to feel like that around me. I'm just a normal person with a lot of stuff."

I nodded. "Yeah,"

The loud knock on the door startled both Trey and I. He kissed his teeth and stood up, walking towards it. I followed him. When he opened the door, my jaws dropped - so did my stomach. I didn't know what to do. I felt my heart racing and my palms started to get sweaty. I gulped.

"W-What are y-you-"

"You're coming home, right now." He scolded at me.

vote and comment for next chapter ♡
guess who it was ?

late update ♡
IG | @shxnnia