- 3O ▎

• Jadah |'

-

I lost it.

I honestly thought by the amount of tears that was pouring out of my eyes, I was gonna run out of the house and drive home. But, no. All of my sadness was replaced with anger as I pushed past Janelle and went straight for the girl.

I pushed Trey away from her and he drunkenly stumbled. My fist connected with her face and it was then she realized what was going on. She launched at me and I dunked when she went for my face, her hand hitting the side of the counter instead.

I went for her again and I felt a pair of arms around my waist, pulling me back. I know exactly who it was. It's the same guy that makes my heart race every time he holds me like this. Someone else pulled her back also. We both started kicking. I almost felt bad when I kicked her in her stomach, because it reminded of those times Derrick abused me. So, I stopped as Trey carried me outside.

I breathed heavily as Trey started asking me questions. "Leave me the fuck alone." Janelle came out and I started feeling bad. "I'm so sorry, Janelle. I didn't mean to ruin your party. I just couldn't watch her kiss Trey right in front of me any longer and I-"

She pulled me in a hug as she saw the hurt look on my face. "It's okay," She squeezed me a little. "Just go home and get some rest. Can you take Trey home, please?"

I didn't think I had a choice. "Yeah," I nod.

When we arrived at his house, I unlocked the door for him and he didn't go in. He pulled me closer to him and was about to kiss me but I turned my face. I hear him sigh in frustration and he just kissed my jawline.

"Stay with me tonight." He spoke in ear. I shook my head, trying to unwrap his arm around me. But, he held me tighter. "Please, just tonight." I gave in.

I was afraid if I let a word, I might just burst out into tears. I walk in his house after him. I sat down on his couch and he sat next to me, and place a hand on my knee. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Was he still drunk? But, that didn't seem to matter to me right now. "It doesn't matter." I mumbled. "We're not together." So, I shouldn't be feeling this way. I shouldn't be angry or jealous. But, I am. More than you know.

"Don't say that." His voice was low.

I stood up. "It's late. I'll take the couch, just give me a blanket."

He chuckles. "Don't be ridiculous. You're sleeping with me."

"Trey, I'll take the couch." I wasn't changing my mind.

"Alright, fine." He got me a blanket and a pillow. "Goodnight." He closed the lights before I laid down.

"Night." I said, before drifting off.

-

I squinted my eyes open as the sun beamed inside the room. I covered my mouth as I yawned and I sat up. I furrowed my eyes and noticed I was in a bedroom. Trey's bedroom, to be exact. How the hell did I get in here? I know I fell asleep on the couch.

"You didn't think I was actually gonna let you sleep on the couch, did you?" My eyes darted across the room. He leaned against the door frame and crossed his muscular arms over his chest. He wore gray sweat that hung low off his waists and shirtless. "Goodmorning," He, then, smirks.

"Morning," I tuck my messy hair behind my ear and did a small smile. "When did you put me here?"

"Almost ten minutes after you fell asleep." He tells me.

"Why'd you do it?" I ask, breaking our eye contact. "Why'd you kiss her?" Whoever that girl was.

He hear him sigh and his foot steps approaching me. Then, the bed dipped, indicating he just sat on it. "You know if I was sober, I wouldn't have done it."

"How much shots did you take?"

"Not that I was counting," He chuckles softly. "Probably not that much because I remember what happened last night."

I run my hands through my hair and sighed. Not knowing what to say, I checked the time and it was around eleven. I got down from his comfy bed and stood up. "I better go."

He stood up also. "Why can't we spend the day together?" He almost whined.

"You only asked to stay with you just last night," I remind him. I walk out of his room and he follows me. "Besides, we broke up. We should probably start acting like it." Okay. I didn't mean to say that.

He looked hurt for a second before replying. "Okay."
"Trey, I didn't mean it like that. I just think we should-"

"I know what you mean," He clench his jaw. "I know exactly what you mean."

"What are you getting mad about?" I threw my hands up. "We did agree on breaking up. Do you not remember that part from last night? Afterwards, you went and kissed another girl about two hours later. How'd you think that made me feel?"

"I know what did was wrong, babe, but you know damn well I didn't mean to. I love you more than you think and I don't wanna lose you." He stated in a firm tone. "I said I wanted to take a break while I get my shit together. I never said I wanted to break everything off." He came closer to me, with his eyebrows furrowed in anger. "Is that what you want?"

I let out a shaky breath. "You know what I want." My voice barely above a whisper.

"Tell me what you want." He clench his jaw again.

Was he really going to make me say it? I break our eye contact only for him to hold my chin and made me look at him again. "You, I want you."

"But, we broke up, right?" He said. "So, we should probably start acting like it."

I rolled my eyes. "What the hell is your problem? We both agreed on breaking up, so what are you trippin' for?"

"Taking a break and breaking up are two different things." He let go of my chin.

"Whatever," I walk away from him 'cause he's pissing me off. "When you out of your feelings, you can call me."

I grab my heels by the door and walk out, slamming the door behind me. I got in my car and made my way to Walmart. I decided to grocery shopping before heading home, since I noticed how empty our fridge was getting.

I put my heels on and walk in Walmart. I feel a hand, a manly one at that, cover my eyes. I started to feel the person's fingers. His scent didn't even smell familiar. "Alex?" I asked.

"Guess again."

vote and comment for next chapter ♡
this is Janelle on MM btw, in case y'all forgot Kat Graham plays her.