Chapter 7

The Queen woke up in th middle of the night and rolled over. The bed was empty on Sin's side. She sat up and looked around the room. Her door was half open.

Serenity pulled the sheets over and walked over to the door. She peaked around the side. No one was walking the halls. Curiously, the Queen walked out of her chamber and down the hall. The moon was slowly moving down and she could tell it was almost morning. As she walked outside, Serenity checked if anything was out of order.

Bang.

Serenity looked over towards the temple's direction. A well built man walked out and started heading towards the main part. It was Sin.

Not wanting to get caught, Serenity ran to her room. Jumped under the covers and tried to calm her breathing. About a second after she is covered up, Sin walks in. He slowly walks to his side of the bed then lays down. His arms reach out to Serenity and pulls her body closer.

It took all of Serenity's strength to push back all the questions she had for him.

***

As she walked through the court yard, Serenity looked over the city. It has been yesterday since the possessed girl but now, more people are catching it. The disease is like the flu. And the more people that are getting, the harder for it is for her friends to heal everyone.

She sighed out loud and turned away from her city. Her mother was right about the new evil, it was strong. Surely, the Scours could take it on. There hasn't been an evil yet that the past Sailors haven't defeated.

As she walked through the castle, a hush whisper echoed in the hall. "I saw him cone out of the temple."

"Sin? Are you sure?"

They were two maids. Serenity could see their shadows at the end of the hall.

"That Hestia girl is a slut. I have seen Hilarus walk out of there any times."

"Let's not forget about the army men that go in there every do often."

"I mean I know she is the woman to go to when you have troubles but... A lot of men go to her and they can't possible have that much trouble."

"I second that."

Serenity felt like her mind was going to explode. Sin could not be possibly cheating on her with her best friend. Hestia wouldn't do that to her either. Right?

For a second, she wished her mother was here to give her advise.

"Serenity."

Her body automatically jumped as someone called her name. "Nehelenia? I didn't expect you to come today?"

Her cousin smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. "I decided to surprise you."

The Queen sighed. She wasn't in the mood to talk to her cousin. "Okay, let's go have tea in the courtyard."

"That sounds great!"

The two sat across from each other and drank their tea. Serenity was silent and looking down at her tea.

"Something is troubling you." Nehelenia stated.

"It's... Sin. I saw him walking to the temple in the middle if the night."

Nehelenia put her hand to her mouth and gasped. "What?"

"Yes." Serenity said putting her cup on the table. "There are rumors going around saying he is sleeping around with..."

"Who?"

At that moment, the Queen felt sick to her stomach. She could feel her throat water up. Her hand with to her mouth as she excuses herself. She ran quickly to the side of the building and threw up.

Serenity say on her knees with arms over her stomach. "What is wrong with me?"

"My Queen?"

She didn't bother to answer. Instead, she turned around to see her brother. "Hilarus."

"Are you ill?"

She shook her head. She didn't know... "I just didn't eat something right I guess."

His hands went around her as he helped her up. Serenity fought back a flinch. Hilarus never touched her. "Come on, lets go back to your room."

Serenity leaned against her brother and nodded.