Chapter 17

Serenity turned her head away from the battle scene and broke out into a sprint. Leaving Hilarus behind at the balcony, she ran through the nursery. Her hands pulled the heavy wooden door open and the warm hair rushed past her. Her hair flowed behind her as she ran down the steps. Her heels clicked against the marble. Down that staircase, she kept running down the hall until Serenity got to the opening that lead out to the yard.

It was just as bad as the scene from above. As Serenity walked out toward the meadow, she watched in horror as all of her nightmares came alive. From what she could see, all of the guards were dead or close to it. Sailor Pluto, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn and Sun were all laying on the ground motionless. Neptune, Uranus, Mars, and Earth were surrounded by the citizens. They clawed and bit them. A few of the citizens had the weapons from the guards and were using those.

Sailor Earth moved around her hands and the ground from underneath the citizens eroded. As the earth gapped open, people fell into the dark hole. From behind, a possessed citizen jumps on her back. Tellus screamed and tried to moved her body around to shake off the creature. It's hands were tight around her throat.

Neptune ran to rescue Sailor Earth but a citizen catches her foot. Her body hits the ground with a thud. Neptune's face diggs into the grass. She rolls over to look at the citizens that started to surround her. The citizens grab all of her limps to keep her from kicking.

Serenity's eyes go big as Uranus tries to kick a citizen. Instead of kicking it, the citizen catches her foot. Sailor Uranus is pulled off her foot and the citizen turns her in a circle. It lets go of her foot and she soared into the air. Her back hits the ground and Uranus's head hits back on the ground.

Mars turned to look at Serenity. The best friends locked eyes and for a moment, everything was silent. In front of her eyes, Serenity saw the end. She saw the Moon's empire being defeated. The castle fell to Chaos. A pair of red eyes glowed in the sky as a black power covered the ruins of the moon. The power leaked through the universe and poisoned other planets. Other forms of life came under the power of Chaos. Sailors died. Kings and Queens let their names go to Chaos. The universe was in her hands.

Serenity blinked. Hestia had sent her the vision to her mind. She shook her head to get the powerful images out if her head. When she looked up at Mars, she saw her body fall. A citizen had a small dagger with blood on it. Mars's side was cut and the blood started to stain her uniform.

A scream escaped the Queen's throat. All of the citizens stopped and turned to her. As they approached her, Serenity broke off the Silver Millennium off of the crescent. She held it high in the air with her hands cupped around it. The glow warmed her hands. Her dress and white hair started to flow in the air as the power of the crystal started to build. Closing her eyes, Serenity screamed as loud as she could. "Silver Millennium Healing!"

A tear fell down her cheek. The power of the crystal formed a circle. The circle grew around Serenity. As it kept growing, the citizens that touched it fell to the ground and became cured. The light of the Silver Millennium made the Sailors turn their heads to watch. As it kept growing around the kingdom, the gold light stretched around the Dark Kingdom. It slowly touched every surface of the moon. The light of the Silver Millennium was like an atmosphere around the moon. When it finally circled the whole moon, it snapped.

The wind rushed past Serenity. With her arms in front if her face to shield the dirt, the Queen looked as the sky turned from a gold to a dark black.

The wind died. In the black sky were tiny stars. They shimmered down on Serenity. She fell to her knees and cried out loud.

"I did it." Serenity sobbed. But her heart ached because she knew the power of the Silver Millennium couldn't raise the dead.