Chapter 15

I woke up with my head on hard surface.  My eye lids fluttered open as the sun started to warm up my body. I looked down to see Jim laying there on the ground. His right arm was draped across my stomach while his left arm was under my head. I slowly picked up his hand off my body as I slowly rested his arm back on his chest trying my best not to wake him up. I stood up looking around for my cloths. A pile of our cloths laid a little ways away. I scurried over  there picking up my pants and shirt. I slipped  them on quickly.

Memories of what I did last night came flashing back to me. A smile crossed my face. Surprisingly I was glad I had done it. I truly love Jim. I have loved him since the day we  first went out and the whole time he was gone over seas. Even when the yellow letter came in saying he was killed  in action and  at his funeral I knew that he was the one and only for me. Last night had for sure showed  me that.  I started to walk to Jim's truck. I found my phone on the passenger seat were I had  left it last. I picked  it up to see three missed calls and several texts from Brandon. I called  him back. It rang once just before he picked up.

"Eliza?" his  voice seemed panicked.

"Yes Brandon..."

"Are you alright? Where are you? I'm coming to get you!" He cut me off.

"No Brandon stay. I'm fine and I'm with Jim..."

"I swear if he laid a hand on you he's gonna meet the whole damn United States Army. And don't get me started if your pregent" he cut me off once again.

"Brandon for God's sake let me finish one thought!"  I yelled  into the phone. But it isn't like Brandon to listen to me or anyone besides his commander.

"Don't give me that Eliza I was once a high strung boy my self and I know what I did with women" I slapped my forehead. I can't believe he just said that.

"You know he's only like three years younger then you" I pointed  out.

"Oh yeah well how old is he?" his voice giving me a challenge.

"Your 26 he's 23...."

"And your 21" he cut me off for the third time in the past ten minutes.

"Yes" my voice showing I was getting irritated with him.

"Well he  still young for me" I could picture Brandon standing in his pj pants with his arms crossed against his chest as he sticks his nose up in the air. I laughed to myself.

"What's so funny?" Brandon asked.

"Nothing. Nothing. Look I got to go Brandon" I could hear him protesting just be for  I hit the end call button.

I let out a small groan. I was going to have to deal with him when I get home. For sure not looking forward to that. Just as I was thinking about what I would tell Brandon I felt someone's head on my shoulder.

"You ok?" Jim's morning voice asked. I chuckled.

"Yeah Brandon is just being Brandon" I sighed.

"Yeah I should get you home before he rings my neck. Let's go" Jim walked around his truck jumping in the driver's side. I opened up my side sitting down on the seat.

"Ready?" he asked. I nodded  my head a  I buckled up my seat belt.